MSELECT is looking for a qualified Workover Engineer for an international oil and gas operator in Erbil, 10 years of Workover operations experience, fluency in English and Kurdish is a must.
Workover Engineer to co-ordinate, direct and review work-over, well testing, slick line, and rigless operations, within defined budget, in order to fully meet the prognosis target, pursuing the best results in terms of safety, time and cost effectiveness.
Desirable Skills / Qualifications:
Experience: 10 years of workover operations experience.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree or higher is preferred.
Major Discipline: Petroleum or Mechanical Engineering preferred.
- Evaluating the need for services equipment and material and to providing for the issuing of their request.
- Providing for the preparation of annual Workover and well intervention program review
- Excellent knowledge of well control best practices.
- Experience on the Middle East is a plus.
- Coordinating the activities of Company's and Contractors units involved in completion, work-over, wireline, and rigless operations and decide about day by day matters.
- Reporting during well testing, work-over and wire line operations any technical or economical variation from approved scope, proposing the appropriate changes if necessary.
- Participating as a member of the emergency task force in event of blow-out of other major emergency.
- Completion, well testing, work-over, wireline, and rigless operations technology knowledge acquisition and capitalization.
- The Workover engineer utilizes analytical skills, practical experience and good judgement to evaluate, select, and recommend well control equipment, and to develop procedures and implementation plans, for completions, workovers and interventions.
- The Workover engineer will have expertise in surface and subsurface BOP's and related control systems.
- Engineering skills from a petroleum or mechanical engineering and practical applications provides the basis for this position's responsibilities and job requirements; although a person without a technical degree who possesses relevant, practical experience could meet such requirements.
- The Workover engineer is also expected to work closely with workover rig contractors and third-party consulting firms on well control matters in a multitude of environments.
- Evaluate well plans and data to detect potential problems and recommend corrective actions to ensure well workover / intervention is maintained.
- Provide technical consultation during completion, well testing, workover and intervention operations to prevent loss of, or to regain, well control.
- Fluent English.
- Should be able to identify areas where improvements in workover practices, costing, money, savings, etc can be made.
- Must be able to work under stress & with minimum supervision especially in emergencies.
- Must be highly skilled in all technical disciplines pertaining to a workover environment.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Present, support and lead-by-example to show that safety is the most important function, ensuring that all employees follow safe practices while working. Ensure Company's HSE and QA/QC policies and standards are implemented on the rig sites.
- Prepare workover and rigless operational programs.
- Work closely and collaborate with Company Drilling Engineers.
- Prepare and analyze technical bids for goods and services related WO operations. Collaborate with Procurement and Contracts department.
- Ensure the correct management of the workover operations by optimizing the assets and equipment and supervising the execution of the activities of subordinates.
- Assist the mobilization and ensure that necessary materials and equipment are on-site to support workover operations.
- Advise Drilling Manager of potential problems, work interferences, schedule difficulties, etc. Assist in overcome and resolving such problems.
- Ensure reporting routines are fulfilled.
Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process.