MSELECT is looking for a qualified Project Engineer for an international oil and gas operator in Erbil, minimum 5-7 years of professional experience in similar role, fluency in English and Kurdish is a must.
Project Engineer Job Duties:
- Completes engineering projects by organizing and controlling project elements.
- Develops project objectives by reviewing project proposals and plans, conferring with management.
- Determines project responsibilities by identifying project phases and elements, assigning personnel to phases and elements, reviewing bids from contractors.
- Determines project specifications by studying product design, customer requirements, and performance standards, completing technical studies, preparing cost estimates.
- Confirms product performance by designing and conducting tests.
- Determines project schedule by studying project plan and specifications, calculating time requirements, sequencing project elements.
- Maintains project schedule by monitoring project progress, coordinating activities, resolving problems.
- Controls project plan by reviewing design, specifications, and plan and schedule changes, recommending actions.
- Controls project costs by approving expenditures, administering contractor contracts.
- Prepares project status reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends, recommending actions.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by enforcing procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Maintains project database by writing computer programs, entering and backing up data.
- Maintains product and company reputation by complying with federal and state regulations.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Project Engineer Skills and Qualifications:
- Requirements analysis, design skills, project management, manufacturing methods and procedures, process Improvement, technical understanding, documentation skills, safety management, supervision, CAD, CAD/CAM circuit design.
Qualifications, Experience and Competencies
- Suitable candidates should hold an Engineering Degree in Oil & Gas related discipline, Process, Mechanical, Production, Petroleum, Constriction and Facilities engineering.
- Have a minimum 5-7 years' experience in the onshore oil and gas production and processing industry with at least 3 years in a project management position. Furthermore, candidates must have experience with managing and implementing projects in a greenfield and brownfield (existing facility) environment.
- Experience of preparing Business Operational Plans
- Experience of formulating and communicating business wide Operating Strategies
- Experience of the Development and Report Tracking for long and short terms (1 Year or 5 Year Plans)
- Experience of coordinating the Engineering initiatives on Capex & Opex reduction by tracking of the implementation of initiatives.
- Experience of coordinating the operational learning from Root Cause Analysis investigations
- Experience of undertaking specialist analytical Techniques to better understanding the operational effectiveness and efficiency of the business
- Computer literacy in applying various industry specific analytical software packages for the operational effectiveness and efficiency.
Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process