Role of the Communications Officer
The Communications Officer will manage the organization’s website, design public affairs materials, manage media relations, and facilitate social media communications. Working closely with other team members, generate and design interesting and attractive content for use across a range of social media including the website, Facebook, Twitter, organizational newsletter, and printed and email promotional materials.
Management of the organization’s website:
- Working closely with other team members, generate and design interesting, up-to-date, and attractive content that represents the organization’s work
- Post and upload material to the website
Design public affairs materials to promote the organization’s work:
- Develop fliers, brochures, guest packages, powerpoints
- Develop marketing and fundraising materials
- Develop and send a quarterly newsletter and other email communications
- Develop branding materials for fundraising and other events
- Develop/maintain Branding and Communications Guide for staff
- Create data graphics to report on program performance.
Promote the organization’s through social media:
- Develop and share content about the organization’s through Facebook and Twitter at least several times per week
- Manage the organization’s contact database and develop quarterly newsletters
- Provide guidance about how to present program information for all social media.
Contribute to Communications and Messaging:
- Create information, messages, talking points and materials about the organization’s work
- Ensure the organization’s Staff know and understand the organization’s work
- Seek opportunities for the organization’s management and staff to speak on behalf of the organization at conferences and other venue
- Contribute to speeches, talking points, and other messaging documents
- Communicate with local and international media to promote the organization’s work to field media inquiries and pitch stories
- Maintain press lists and contacts
- Prepare press statements
- Excellent spoken and written English required, native English speaker preferred; Kurdish and/or Arabic, a plus.
- Website management experience and excellent computer skills.
- Graphic design and formatting experience.
- At least 2 years of experience in a similar role, preferably for an NGO.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Interest in development and humanitarian programs.