MSELECT is looking to hire an Operations HSE Supervisor for an oil and gas operator in Kurdistan, the candidate must have a minimum of 8 years’ experience in oil and gas industry, this position will be on field, rotation is 28 days on/28 off, fluency in English, Kurdish and Arabic is requested.
- Support the Field & HSE Manager in the development and administration of HSE strategies and provide leadership and assurance in the implementation of HSE management systems.
- Coordinate audit and inspection schedules onsite and ensure any findings are recorded, actioned and communicated.
- Promote and encourage incentive schemes, open reporting and a positive safety culture throughout the field.
- Lead any HSE related meetings and attend any relevant contractor progress or review meetings.
- Assist and support Incident Owners with investigations and reporting, Root Cause Analysis, managing effective corrective actions and communicating lessons learned.
- Schedule and perform regular inspections, audits and site walk-through.
- Safety Authority for Permit to Work, providing support and guidance for Task Risk Assessments.
- Provide advice, guidance support in the development of company Standards and Procedures.
- Serve as a focal point to the company Operations and Support Teams for HSE training materials, information and programs.
- Ensure operations within the field are within legislative HSE requirements and expectations.
- Supervise and develop site Operations HSE advisers.
- Compile & submit daily /weekly /monthly management reports & yearly statistical analysis.
- Assist in any Ad-hoc HSE tasks/projects as required.
- Higher Level Technical Certificate or Diploma and NEBOSH General Certificate
- Accredited Degree Level HSE Qualification
- Minimum of 5 years HSE experience in relevant O&G production facilities.
- Minimum of 1 years’ experience in supervising small teams.
- Knowledgeable in OSHA 18001/45001 and HSE management systems.
- Knowledgeable in HSE related high risk activities such as Confined Space Entry, Working at Heights, Isolation, safe systems of work etc. Preferred
- Minimum of 8 years HSE experience in HSE Operational O&G including projects and/or drilling.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in supervising small teams including.
- Knowledgeable in ISO 18001/45001, 14001 and HSE management systems.
- Approved Gas Tester, RPS (NORMS), lifting experience.
- Experienced in Contractor Management
- Proficient with Microsoft Office particularly Word, Excel and Power point.
- Strong Investigation and report writing skills.
- Experience in SIMOPS during shutdowns and/or projects