MSELECT is looking to hire a Mechanical and Piping Supervisor for an oil and gas operator in Dohuk, the candidate must have a minimum of 10 years’ experience in oil and gas industry, this position will be on field, rotation is 6 weeks on 2 off, fluency in English, Kurdish and Arabic is requested.
- Ensure that the work is carried out in a safe manner and in compliance with Scope of Work, approved Engineering Standards and Specifications
- Supervise construction and handover of mechanically complete systems and associated Documentation
- Review and provide comments on construction method statements, material submitting,construction procedures from start of construction of project until completion and handover to end users
- To supervise the Contractors during the execution of construction activities
- Participate in reviewing detailed design drawings, method statements, material requisitions, Co-ordinate mobilization of contractors on site.
- Supervise and approve construction activities and co-ordinate various aspects of project construction including inspections, material submissions and working drawings from contractors, and processing documentation as required.
- Handle all aspects of mechanical & piping Construction activities including site investigations, site surveys
- Supervise installation of civil Structural, Piping, mechanical equipment
- Ensure turnover documentation is accurately and efficiently delivered.
- Maintain a daily record of progress.
- Reports to supervisor work anomalies or contractual deviations committed by contractor personnel and recommend corrective actions.
- Sign work permits on behalf of company and to ensure that contractors compliance with conditions fixed on consolidated work permits
- Participate in development of as-built drawings/documentation.
- Prepare Punch list for finished work prior to hand over to company by contractor by paying special attention to all equipment including Quality checks.
- Works closely with other company Construction Supervisors (Inst./ Elec/Civil).
- Report to company project manager on main issues, events at site, progress reporting, trends and recommendation for improvement of problems and preventing accidents occurring as a result of negligence, by enforcing company safety standards on the work site.
- Liaise and report with the QC Inspector on quality related matters.
- Liaise with the HSE Supervisor on safety related matters.
- Review contractor’s construction plans and schedules including method statements and JSA`s.
Qualifications, experience and skills
- Qualifications/Training required
- Industry recognized Mechanical / piping certificate
- Mechanical or piping degree
- Experience/knowledge required
- Minimum 10 years Oil & Gas Industry Experience
- Experience is working with and managing detailed mechanical / piping SoW
- In-depth knowledge of industry M/P standards
- Good computer literacy
- Able to adapt to emerging problems creating clear solutions.
- Understands complexity of safety.
- Understands complexity of client relations.
- Must have good interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Must have excellent communication skills.