mselect is looking to hire a Sales Engineer for an international retail client in Baghdad. Candidates must have a minimum of 4 years of relevant experience in the HVAC industry. Fluency in English and Arabic is a must.
- Promote company’s products and build brand awareness across the Iraq region
- Support the achievement of the annual sales targets by building a strong rapport with new and existing customers
- Ensure customer loyalty through the provision of high-quality customer service
- Address customer needs as per required product specifications
- Develop and maintain in-depth knowledge of company’s business (products, service capabilities, industry competitors, and market trends)
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with existing and potential customers
- Develop and maintain a broad network of contacts/customers within the HVAC business/industry to generate leads and potential business opportunities
- Negotiate and close profitable business deals
- Liaise with customers to understand their needs and provide effective product solutions
- Ensure that customers' requirements and issues are correctly identified and addressed
- Follow up on existing projects and coordinate with relevant departments to complete project completion per agreed timelines
- Complete weekly/monthly sales reports to the management e.g. sales activities, opportunities, risks, commitments, etc
Core competencies are the behavioral competencies required for the position that is essential to company’s business.
Customer Focus: Builds and maintains customer relationships
Ability and willingness to give priority to the external (i.e. contractors, consultants, partners and suppliers) and internal customers (i.e. other departments), delivering a high-quality service to meet or exceed their expectations. Building long-term relationships and focusing efforts on delivering an outstanding experience. Provide advice and guidance to ensure continued service excellence.
Drive for Results: Focuses on delivering results
Ability to meet and possibly exceed objectives and/or targets. Effectively overcomes obstacles and meets goals to improve Company’s long-term results. Consistently delivers required business results.
Teamwork: Builds and maintains collaboration
Ability to work cooperatively with others, to be part of the team, and work together towards a common goal. Develop and maintain positive relationships with others, allowing them to overcome obstacles and difficulties.
Foster Innovation: Willingly implements change
Ability to create new ideas and use them to develop new or improved processes, methods, solutions, technology, unexplored markets, products, or services. Committed to embracing and adopting change.
Qualifications, Experience, Knowledge & Skills
- BSc degree in Mechanical Engineering/Business Administration or relevant field
- 4+ years of experience in a similar role within the HVAC industry
- Strong product knowledge of Duct, Packaged, Cassete and VRF products
- Excellent negotiation and customer management skills
- Excellent financial acumen awareness
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to close profitable deals
*Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process.