MSELECT is looking to hire a QC & Laboratory Manager for a major industrial client in Baghdad, candidates must have minimum 8 years of related experience in the food industry. Fluency in English and Arabic is a must.
Ensuring the quality of the production and raw material by running physical and chemical tests for samples according to the set policies for this matter. Analyzing the samples and providing feedback on whether the samples are within the specified standards. In addition to running tests on competitive products and providing recommendations for improvements.
- Monitoring all quality control activities to ensure all items are within the specified standards of quality.
- Supporting the company in obtaining international quality certificates and monitoring all relevant procedures.
- Managing the processes of quality control and ensuring they are carried out as per the set policies.
- Preparing and managing the implementation of a quality control plan and various check points and ensuring compliance.
- Managing the sampling, physical and chemical testing and analysis of all production and raw material check points towards the desired quality of the products.
- Monitoring and managing the process of raw material quality check including storage conditions.
- Setting and managing the implementation of quality control audit plans and cooperating with all concerned to manage any deviation.
- Continuously monitoring and investigating any quality issues and managing the process of taking any necessary corrective actions.
- Reviewing all non-conformity reports such as rejection within the specified quality standards.
- Managing the process of calibration for the tools and equipment and ensuring they are gauged properly and monitoring any abnormal readings.
- Participating in continuous improvement initiatives that go in line with the strategic objectives.
- Planning and managing the safety plans within the plant and various buildings and systems and ensuring all tools and safety related items are available as needed.
- Continuously sampling and testing competitive products and providing reports and analysis in this regard.
Qualification and skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry or equivalent
- minimum 8 years in Food industry is a must, 2 years in managerial level. Priority to Candidates with Dairy experience.
*Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process