mselect is looking to hire an Equipment Supervisor for an international oil & gas operator in Basrah. Candidates must hold a degree in engineering and have a minimum of 6 years of relevant experience. English and Arabic fluency is a must.
The Rotating Equipment Supervisor is responsible for and has to perform all key mechanical rotating activities within one or more projects. This position shall report to M/P Team Lead.
- To participate in Hydro-carbon projects to perform review and coordinate in the front-end engineering design submitted
- Support estimating and proposal activities
- Support the Project/Engineering Manager with regard to Mechanical Rotating Equipment engineering issues
- Supervise Cost and Schedule for Mechanical Rotating Part in a Project
- Responsible for preparation of review of rotating equipment engineering work, including pumps and compressors selection; mechanical data sheets, technical specification, material requisition, vendor technical bid clarification/ evaluation and vendor prints review
- Coordinate with disciplines i.e. Process, Piping, Architecture/ Structure, Electrical, Control Systems
- Coordinate, monitor & control all Mechanical Rotating Equipment engineering activities towards the Contractors at the individual project
- Review the Mill Test Certificates (MTCs) of all received materials for rotary equipment to meet with the required Codes & Specifications prior to use
- Reviewing of final handover dossiers as per approved handover dossier index and project specification and provides inputs if any
- Ensure that all processes/products of non-conformities are highlighted through CAR’S/ PAR’S to the QA/QC team for their rectification and follow up
- Participate with the mechanical completion walk-through team, system wise and rectified the punch points
- Engineering degree
- Coordination skills, to handle coordinating with other disciplines and clients
- Communication Skills
- Personnel Management Skills
- English – Excellent (Spoken & Written)
- Minimum of 6 years of experience in the oil and gas industry
- MS Office: Excel, Word and Power point – Advanced
- Work related software
14 Days on/ 14 Days off
*Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process.