mselect is looking to hire an Insurance & Tax Section Head for an international oil and gas operator in Basrah. Candidates must have a minimum of 8 years of accounting experience in the Oil and Gas industry. Fluency in English is a must.
To support Finance Manager in managing Insurance & tax exposure for operations and maintaining sound relationship with Insurance companies & Tax Authorities in accordance to company’s policies and procedures.
- Supervise the activities and work performed by direct reports to ensure that it is carried out in an efficient and effective manner, in line with sections policies and procedures & Asset’s expectations.
- Recommend training and development interventions for team members to build their capabilities.
- Arrange optimal insurance policy for Asset.
- Ensure cost-effective coverage, terms and conditions across insurance policies.
- Manage Asset wide insurance matters including reviewing operations, identifying gaps, and recommending new coverages as & when needed.
- Coordination of all insurance and risk related requests from internal stakeholders, including Legal, Finance, Human Resources, Operations, Internal Audit and Head Office.
- Management of external partner relationships, including insurance brokers, third-party administrators and insurance companies.
- Reviews contracts and agreements for insurance provisions to ensure compliance with local law and best practices and identify risk management concerns.
- Manage Asset’s risk exposure and arrange periodical review / risk assessment to ensure they are consistent with best practices.
- Coordinate with Insurance broker on the settlement of insurance claims with insurers.
- Arranging training sessions through Insurance Broker to educate the Company’s staff about insurance and risk related matters.
- Arrange necessary approvals from within Asset and from external regulatory authorities for Insurance related activities, where applicable.
- Actively identifying tax risks and opportunities in existing or new business transactions.
- Reviewing all corporate tax filings.
- Lead all indirect tax activities including implementation and maintenance of indirect tax best practices with the assistance of internal staff and external resources.
- Manage internal and external resources to complete timely filing of all returns.
- Maintain tax calendars.
- Provide timely, comprehensive indirect tax advice, support & training for internal business units.
- Complying with the requirements of local tax laws.
- Liaison with Tax Consultants for all tax related issues.
- Ensure accurate and timely data preparation for all reporting obligations and submission of all relevant reports to tax authorities.
- Collaborate and coordinate with tax authorities and external tax advisors.
- Independently extracting and collating information from Financial systems for filing various returns under CGT.
- Independently ensuring that the taxes are paid, and returns are filed within the Statutory due dates.
- Keeping abreast of the recent developments in law and updating the team on amendments which will impact business.
- Act as the key point of contact and support for indirect compliance tax matters and input for specific projects.
- Review quarterly cost recovery invoices and ensure completeness, accuracy and compliance with related contractual & legal requirements.
- Follow-up for quarterly cost recovery invoices from regulatory authorities.
- Support Audit team in local BOC cost recovery Audits.
Policies, Systems, Processes and Procedures
- Contribute to the identification of opportunities for the continuous improvement of systems, processes and practices to increase productivity and operational efficiency.
- Implement all relevant policies, processes, procedures and instructions so that work is carried out in a controlled and consistent manner.
Health, Security, Safety and Environment
Follow all relevant company’s health, security, safety and environmental policies, processes, procedures and instructions to ensure Health and Safety compliance in all aspects of work by applying them on self, others and corporate assets.
COMMUNICATIONS & WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
- Asset President / Financial Division Head
- Asset teams
- Internal Auditors
- Government Agencies
- Tax Authorities
- Tax Consultant
- External Auditors
- Insurance brokers
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
A master’s degree in Accounts/finance/management or CA/CPA qualification or equivalent.
8 years of accounting experience in the Oil and Gas industry
- Advanced financial analysis skills
- Knowledge and understanding of Asset and Group’s financial policies and regulations
- Knowledge and understanding of local regulatory policies
- Excellent communication skills
- Coaching and mentoring skills
- Good attention to detail
- Excellent analytical capabilities and problem-solving abilities
*Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process.