MSELECT is looking to hire a Materials and Logistics Manager for major international oil operator in Duhok, Kurdistan.
Selected candidate will be managing all inbound & outbound shipments (international & national), inventory management and warehouse operations.
- Mobilize material & supplies to ensure all material is on-hand to support the production schedule & customer requirements
- Communicates material shortages and expected delivery dates to the Sales Order to Production – Project Management Personnel
- Maintains correctly balanced inventory levels on all product lines
- Establishes and implements methods and best practices related to the systems and process that support inventory forecasting, purchasing, and material control.
- Make recommendations regarding Excess & Obsolete materials including analyzing and initiating steps to minimize financial and/or operations impact of carrying excess, obsolete, and/or expired materials
- Maintains a cycle count program and ensures accuracy of inventory
- Leads all physical inventories and root cause analysis related to discrepancies
- Works closely with Procurement, Finance, Project Cost Control Department in regards of Materials received on site and issuance of Good Received Notes.
- Update / tracking / of overage, shortage, damages report
- Update / tracking / of Expiration Date Log report
- Update / tracking of Materials Shipping – receiving report.
- Following company’s Safety Requirements - Prioritize & encourage Safety Culture
- Utilize Materials Management Software for materials data entry, receiving, issuance as per materials control procedure.
- Utilize Microsoft applications whenever required (Office, Word, Excel, PPT)
- Responsible to manage all Logistics Operations - arrange local delivery and international shipments (import – export), communicate with the procurement department regarding the Tax Exemption Letter applications, communicate with company freight forwarder, analyze / compare cost – transit time, using the most economical mode of transport. Responsible to liaise with vendors to provide required shipping documentations such as packing list, commercial invoice, certificate of quality, certificate of compliance, arrange third party inspection of materials prior shipping to Iraq whenever required. Update & distribute as required the Logistics Status Report.
- Manage a team of local national (9 people), ensure that they follow proper procedure (coaching – training may be required)
- Responsible for safe and effective operation of two warehouses
- Assign / Monitor task to Materials Control Supervisor.
- Process requisitions for services required for materials management operations using Oracle Procurement.
- Approve / review whenever required vendor invoices (freight forwarder & local logistics provider)
- Manage the materials management budget efficiently (monitor cost)
- University degree in the related field is required.
- High standard of spoken and written English, Arabic and Kurdish is a must
- Good Knowledge of Microsoft Word / Excel / Outlook – (Materials Management Software) such as SAP / SKOLMS / Maximo
- Team player, reliable, punctual
- Ability to adapt working in a remote area, (schedule to be 28 day on – 28 day off, work a minimum of 12 hours a day)
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in Logistics – Materials Management (preferably in the Oil & Gas Industry)
- Minimum of 5 years of experience working overseas.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a Supervisory – Management Role.
Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process.