MSELECT is looking to hire an IT Field Technical Support for major international oil operator in Duhok, Kurdistan.
Selected candidate must provide hands on operational support of IT and Telecom related systems to field based staff in the Duhok area, ranging from drilling locations, production facilities, and office or man camps. Besides operational support, assist with implementation of new IT and Telecoms solutions and oversee & coordinate with 3rd party subcontractors.
- Support and Maintenance of all IT & Communications infrastructure
- Support field staff with all IT & Communications related software and hardware issues
- Resolve all client's technical issues promptly and effectively ensuring first time fix
- Troubleshoot systems and network problems, diagnose and solve hardware/software faults
- Assist with the installation of new hardware and software products
- Weekly status reporting to the IT Field Engineer
- Supervise/Monitor sub-contractor resources whilst onsite
- University degree in the related field is required.
- High standard of spoken and written English, Arabic and Kurdish is a must
- 2+ years’ experience working in a similar environment
- •Knowledge and experience of the installation, configuration and maintenance of telecoms equipment (such as VSAT, Microwave Radio, Fibre, VHF/UHF Radio, Mux etc.)
- IT Service Management solutions (e.g. ServiceNow)
- Knowledge of Cisco Router and/or Switching protocols
- Knowledge of Firewalling Technologies: Cisco, Juniper and Fortinet
- In depth knowledge of WAN connectivity solutions with MPLS and Ethernet Services
- Experience engineering solutions with WAN optimization platforms such as Riverbed
- Experience engineering solutions for Wireless Access
- Splice and use of an OTDR for commissioning and fault finding
- Experience with CCTV and Alarm monitoring systems
- Experience within the Oil and Gas/Mining industry
- Driving license to drive manual gear 4x4 car on Field Site
- Enthusiastic, energetic and proactive personality
- Resolve incidents and requests that are within first line scope of work
- Strong Customer Focus (service oriented by nature)
- Able to work independently, but also team player within a multicultural team
- Able to follow-up with others and take responsibility for the assigned work
- Work on a 14/14 rotational basis in remote locations; ideally willing to do 28/28 rotations.
- Abiltiy to be on Call 24/7 when at the Field Site and work early- or late day shifts
- Ability to work in extreme working environments
- To actively support company’s core values
Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process.