MSELECT is looking on behalf of a major global oil and gas company in Basra a Back Office IT Engineer, candidate must have proven track record in Back Office service delivery and must be advanced in English and Arabic.
- Agree with Team Lead measurable performance objectives and review twice per annum in line with the annual performance management process.
- Carry out tasks related to allocated area of operational responsibility on eight-week basis by Back Office Team Lead. Attend all weekly and monthly meetings related to this area (during Iraqi working hours.) Ensure services related to allocated area remain available, taking advice and appropriate actions as needed. Perform monitoring, reporting and other related activities as required.
- Perform project tasks as allocated by Back Office Team Lead
- Manage your formal training plan ensuring your skills and capabilities line up with ITC requirements.
- Recover from incidents and complete subsequent problem management and Root Cause Analysis.
- Document and ensure that technical standards are adhered to.
- Document and test standard operating procedure and ensure these are scheduled and completed as required.
- Work with Back Office and other ITC team to develop, deploy, monitor, maintain, upgrade, and support servers, storage, operating systems and software. Support other ITC teams with their solution design and project implementation
- Keep key documentation up to date to including supported applications, access control, CMDB and change requests
- Assist with the procurement process for new contracts providing input to SoR, SoW and Technical Questions as required, being part of a Technical Evaluation Team.
- Develop and maintain excellent relationships with a very diverse group of stakeholders, including Chinese and Iraqi JV partners, users, vendors and IT service organisations, communicating effectively with business process owners, key business users and Project Delivery Managers
- Work closely with the Telecommunications and Service Desk Teams to ensure effective customer support to the business, sharing information and knowledge wherever possible through process, dialogue, collaborative working.
- Maintain Back Office related portion of the DR plans, ensuring they are tested on a regular basis.
- Identify and progress continuous service improvement activities.
- Identify risks to service delivery, recommend options to address risks and execute approved options.
- Actively promote a culture of HSSE awareness within the team and the wider organisation.
University degree in the field of Engineering / IT or related discipline. or related equivalent experience.
Essential experience and job requirement
- A proven track record in Back Office service delivery
- Demonstrable understanding of diverse, multicultural work environment (Middle East experience preferable).
- Good Operational skills, with a bias for action, and a good understanding of all IT technologies including
- Experience of server hardware and Microsoft Server operating systems
- Knowledge of data centre operations and technologies
- Good communication skills (verbal and written)
- Good analytical skills
- Proactive thinking – the ability to come up with options and solutions
- Good attention to detail
- Delivery focused
- Willing to challenge and be challenged
- Motivating, positive, energetic, helpful
- Leads by example
- Demonstrates strong customer empathy
Desirable criteria & qualifications
ITIL V3 foundation