MSELECT is looking to hire a Senior Well Site Supervisor for one of international oil and gas operators in Basra, 5-7 years specific Surface Well Testing field experience is requested, Rotation 6/3 week, fluency in English and Arabic is requested.
Operations and tasks performed by a supervisor are self-directed and in accordance with instructions from the field coordinator and operations manager. The supervisor is to supervise and participate in field operations and shop work including, but not limited to: preparation, rig up, operation, maintenance, rig down and returning to base. They work closely with the field coordinator, operations manager and shop supervisor to ensure each job operates with a competent crew and reliable equipment. The supervisor is the main contact for the onsite client representative and is
responsible for the crew and equipment on location. They are to communicate professionally and demonstrate strong leadership and mentoring skills.
- Help prepare HAZOP documentation, P&ID, and equipment.
- Attends and actively participates in the HAZOP meeting.
- Selects appropriate equipment for projects with the field coordinator and operations manager.
- Participate in pre-job meeting with crew.
- Gather job program information from the field coordinator and operations manager.
- Evaluate individual crew members and report to management, as required.
- Mentor and supervise crew.
- Be aware of the crew’s competence levels and delegate tasks accordingly.
- Ensure equipment SOPs, JSAs, and MSDS are complete and available to crew.
- Ensure equipment certificates are available, and collect certifications as required.
- Ensure you and your crew are equipped with all required personal protective equipment (PPE) and clothing; (steel toed work boots, FR (Fire Retardant) coveralls, hard hat, safety glasses, gloves and hearing protection plus where necessary specialized equipment such as self-contained breathing apparatus).
- Oversee and perform pre-deployment checks for equipment, tools and parts.
- Perform all tasks in a safe professional manner and follow SOPs.
- Perform and actively participate in all required safety meetings, JSAs and walk around/shift handover.
- Coordinate equipment load out following company procedures.
- Coordinate and assign rig up/down responsibilities, participate in the installation of the unit or system to be tested, including rig up and rig down of all test equipment and indicating instruments, as per P&ID.
- Manage and document 3rd party charges, in addition to compiling and seeking authorization of daily job ticket.
- Complete and verify operations forms and checklists.
- Supervise and perform pressure tests, function tests, as per relevant SOP and equipment design specifications. Retain test documentation.
- Plan preventative maintenance, supervise, operate, repair and maintain surface test equipment within safe parameters.
- Monitor equipment controls and instrumentation, record test data and verify data quality for engineer/client’s use.
- Supervise and perform liquid sampling and analyzing and verify quality.
- Coordinate and perform equipment maintenance and repair work as required.
- Supervise and perform troubleshooting of equipment and process.
- Report any abnormalities of equipment to field coordinator and/or operations manager.
Generate a list and notify field coordinator and/or operations manager of needed spare parts from suppliers.
- Complete job reporting as required, including WPTS CPAR, NCR, OFI, etc.
- Initiate a MOC if required.
- Report all incidents, accidents/near misses and unsafe working environments to field coordinator and/or operations manager. (Enter in WPTS)
- Recommend changes in test methods or equipment, and document suggestions on daily report.
- Supervise and perform preventative maintenance on equipment.
- May be asked to take supervisor/assessor training and perform competence assessments, as per WFT Competence Program.
- Communicate with the crew, operations manager and field coordinator regularly regarding job program and operational parameters.
- Communicate with onsite company representative regularly.
- Perform operations as per OCP/SOPs and ensure crew is aware of correct safe operations.
- Collect field service quality form, (FSQ form, WPTS job performance) and submit with job report.
- DAQ reading and data collection during the day as a DAQ User, (or may be performed by DAQ Technician/Specialist if available).
- Monitor sensors and ensure they are reading within parameters (or may be performed by DAQ Technician/Specialist if available).
- Communicate with DAQ Technician to confirm project data collection procedure.
- Verify and validate manual data against DAQ.
- Responsible for good housekeeping and cleanliness on location and in the workshop.
- Operate company vehicle according to the Weatherford Driver and Vehicle Safety Policy.
- Take an active role and participate in Weatherford's Quality Improvement Process and comply with all requirements of the Product Line Operational Control Plan (OCP).
- Maintain clear and professional communications with all crewmembers and company representatives.
- Know and understand Weatherford Quality Policy and comply with all requirements of the Quality Systems Manual, Operating and Technical Procedures and Workplace Instructions.
- Must understand and comply with all safety rules and company policies of Weatherford.
- Work assignments carried out to the highest quality level.
- Perform various other duties and activities as assigned by supervisor within the physical constraints of the job.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Excellent leadership and mentoring skills
- Understand and apply relevant math calculations
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Computer skills, experience with well testing software and MS Office
- Ability to remain focused and decisive under pressure
- 5-7 years specific Surface Well Testing field experience
- Supervisor experience; people management and equipment allocation
- The physical ability to immediately respond to emergency situations
- Be willing and able to work away from home for extended periods of time
PHYSICAL DEMAND CATEGORY:
Lifting 100 pounds’ maximum with frequent lifting and / or carrying of objects weighing 50 pounds or more.
- AUDIO-VISUAL & LICENSING DEMANDS:
Required License / Certification: Valid Driver’s License (Region Specific)