Controlling Manager Job Description
MSELECT is looking to hire a Cost Controlling Manger for a major oil company in Erbil; successful candidate must possess at least 5 years’ experience working in cost controlling, cost engineering or a similar background. Proficiency in English is required with preference to speak Arabic and Kurdish.
- Directing the establishment of the structure and data of cost engineering databases.
- Directing the development of other cost analysis and control tools.
- Developing a Cost Engineering and Cost Control plan and managing the execution thereof.
- Establishing best practices inside RN and continuously monitoring the business environment for best practices.
- Giving professional backing in case of highly complex cost estimations or cost controlling tasks.
- Judging and expressing opinions and proposals for project delivery strategies and/or tendering approach.
- Coordinating the work of the individual cost engineers and cost controllers, giving proposals in order to improve quality.
- Establishing a Cost Engineering Handbook as well as the Group Cost Engineering Practice and maintaining these as well as fostering the further development.
- Taking care of routine tasks: reconciliation of accruals, monthly costs stewardship, weekly progress reports, and handling invoice approval process.
- Ability to write complex cost-controlling procedures from scratch.
- Possess an extensive experience in the industry and able to express his/ her professional opinion in respect of cost estimations for oil construction projects.
- Have an experience of working with cost-engineers as a cost-engineer.