MSELECT is looking to hire an IT Manager for an FMCG client in Erbil. Candidates must have a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in the FMCG sector. Fluency in English is a must.
Purpose of the job
This individual will plan, coordinate, direct, and design IT-related activities of the organization, as well as provide administrative direction and support for daily operational activities of the IT department, to ensure the streamlined operation of the IT Department in alignment with the business objectives of the organization. The IT Manager will work closely with decision makers in other departments to identify, recommend, develop, implement, and support cost-effective technology solutions for all aspects of the organization. This person will also define and implement IT policies, procedures, and best practices.
Duties and Responsibilities
Networking & Security
- Plans and implements additions, deletions and major modifications to the supporting infrastructure in coordination with corporate leadership.
- Oversees the implementation and development of network security at the corporate level.
- Anticipates future network needs, identifies proactive solutions to satisfy needs.
- Oversees the administration of the company's WAN.
- Holds responsibility for cooperate data security.
- Work on implementing and developing ICT security policy and standards.
- Oversees the planning and management of the company's telephone system and manages company-wide upgrade efforts.
- Global servers management and maintenance of its stability and availability.
- Oversees systems backups, archiving, and disaster recovery plans.
Help Desk Administration
- Oversees the management of corporate help desk activities and resolves escalated issues if necessary.
- Oversees the administration and maintenance of ERP software.
- Interacts with internal clients on all levels to help resolve IT-related issues and provides answers in a timely manner.
- Helps establish and build relationships with vendors in conjunction with corporate leadership.
- Oversees all IT-related purchasing and budget usage; works with Accounting to develop budgets.
- Holds responsibility for capacity planning and scheduling vendor negotiations related to IT.
- Ensures department is well informed, at all times, of changes and news worthy events within the company.
- Facilitates supervisors meetings effectively.
- Effectively communicates relevant IT-related information to superiors.
- Handles difficult personnel situations directly, using appropriate discretion, HR advice, and respect for the individual.
- Promotes the company through speaking engagements at industry conferences and involvement in local business organizations.
- Exercises staff oversight to ensure new operations plans, policies, procedures, and transition/migration plans are consistent with the overall company goals and objectives.
- Holds responsibility for IT staffing and budgeting projections on a company-wide basis.
- Initiates and implements improvements in all areas of IT responsibility.
- Achieves excellence in all areas of business. Champions change and effectively manages the implementation of new idea.
- B.Sc. in computer science or engineering or in a related field.
- At least 5 years’ work experience.
- Must have previous experience working within FMCG companies.
- Has experience working on SAP system.
- (MCSE) Microsoft Certified System Engineering.
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA).
- Unix Systems experience.
- Database administration experience.
- Successful client management skills.
- Excellent communication & negotiations skills.
- Leadership & problem solving.
- Fluent in English.
*Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process