Duties & Responsibilities:
- Monitor and report drilling expenditure daily to internal management and our Joint Venture (JV) Partners
- with the goal of drilling the cost-effective wells.
- develop and produce cost reports for submission to the drilling team, JV Partners, and management and the corporate office to explain the drilling cost performance
- Verifies invoices, which includes code, contract compliance, checking against commitment, budget levels
- initiate plans for the Improvement of company systems and procedures for cost control
- assist the drilling department with the preparation of Authorizations for Expenditure ("AFEs"), particularly as regards developing realistic cost estimates for activity line items within each AFE.
- operate and maintain detailed systems and written procedures for the control of CAPEX in excess of a certain amount per year that will satisfy the requirements of quality accreditation and periodic audits
- maintain historical drilling and completion cost/expenditure records and data against which trends may be measured and estimates developed
- provide any and all necessary support during routine audits of drilling costs by corporate auditors, partners, and statutory auditors.
Qualifications & Experience
- University degree in Engineering
- Good understanding of drilling accounting with relevant experience.
- Good understanding of drilling equipment and processes
- Solid forecasting and arithmetic skills
- Good understanding of stock, inventory control and management
- Understanding JV accounting
- Fluent in English language