MSELECT is looking to hire a Senior Technician for an international automotive client to be based in Erbil, Iraq.
- Keeps equipment available for use by inspecting and testing vehicles; completing preventive maintenance such as, engine tune-ups, oil changes, tire rotation and changes, wheel balancing, replacing filters.
- Maintains vehicle functional condition by listening to operator complaints; conducting inspections; repairing engine failures; repairing mechanical and electrical systems malfunctions; replacing parts and components; repairing body damage.
- Verifies vehicle serviceability by conducting test drives; adjusting controls and systems.
- Complies with state vehicle requirements by testing engine, safety, and combustion control standards.
- Maintains vehicle appearance by cleaning, washing, and painting.
- Maintains vehicle records by recording service and repairs.
- Keeps shop equipment operating by following operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining supplies; performing preventive maintenance; calling for repairs.
- Contains costs by using warranty; evaluating service and parts options.
- Keeps supplies ready by inventorying stock; placing orders; verifying receipt.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading technical publications.
- Accomplishes maintenance and organization mission by completing related results as needed
- University degree in a related field is required.
- Good interpersonal skills including ability to gain trust and build relationships
- High communication skills
- High standard of spoken and written English, Arabic and Kurdish is a must
- Good computer skills (Microsoft Office, Email, etc.)
- Report writing skills
- Working independently/in a group
- Working under pressure
- Minimum of 5 years of experience is a must
Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process.