THE COMPANY is seeking an experienced Construction Supervisor to be based primarily at the operations site in Kurdistan. The Construction Supervisor will be joining an international and dynamic working environment characterized by experienced, skilled and motivated employees.
The Construction Supervisor shall be responsible for the overall Construction activities associated with the project, including the HSE enforcement, ensure compliance with drawing and documentation, supervision and management of Subcontractors and Vendors, prediction of requirements for materials and construction equipment and co-ordination with construction activities in the Project.
The construction activity shall be administered, directed and controlled in a transparent and equitable manner in accordance with Company’s business principles utilising adequate and fit for purpose management tools and capable staff. The control systems that shall comprise, safety, quality, cost, time and resource management and as per best construction procedures and practises. Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) that are essential for the achievement of completion of construction shall be established and monitored through each stage of the Work.
Health, safety, environment and security are core values at THE COMPANY and are taken very seriously. All employees are expected to play their role whereas senior staff are also part of a company-wide safety leadership programme. The Construction Supervisor will play a key role in this area.
- Management and delivery of the Construction works in accordance with the companies HSE policy.
- Construction monitoring, quantity take offs, cost control, change notification, quality assurance, quality control, document control, health, safety, and environment (HSE).
- Direct the contractor’s activities with respect to project execution ensuring the contractor is familiar with THE COMPANY execution plans and overall job requirements, ensue adherence to all agreed specifications and standards;
- Define and safely deliver construction activities to internationally recognized standards, within challenging timescales.
- Report scope changes and issue change requests as required.
- Prepare project status report/inputs to Construction Superintendent.
- Monitor Construction progress and report to the Construction Superintendent.
- Monitor project progress and ensure necessary information flow between stakeholders to meet project milestones.
- Sound academic background within one or more engineering discipline(s) of which Civil/Mechanical/Electrical/Instrumentation should be core.
- 5 to 6 years of experience in capital expenditure (capex) projects, preferably within the oil and gas industry.
- Possess technical skills, experience and a practical knowledge of the major engineering disciplines.
- Hands on experience with construction and handover of construction project.
- Experience in developing technically acceptable, constructible and operable cost-effective solutions to complex problems.
- Understand Engineering drawings and specifications
- Ability to plan and understand sequence of activities
- Experience in civil construction (Roads, Oil and Gas Camp, water pipeline and distribution networks and Rig facilities)
- Experience in installation of pre-fabricated buildings
- Experience in Survey works
- Equipment/ vehicle checks and certification
- Liaison with HSE Advisor at site and the PTW system
- Supervision of construction works on site
- Supervise contractor’s engineer/s and staff
- Provide input for daily, weekly progress reports, look ahead schedule
- Enforce HSE regime at site with contractors
- Ensure compliance to the QA/QC regime for construction activities
- Estimate Quantities, Time and Personnel required for construction
- Prepare snag list
- Working knowledge of installation - mechanical, electrical, instrumentation (security and telecom) equipment.