MSELECT is looking for an Assistant Finance Manager based in Erbil, for an automotive company with minimum 6 years of relevant experience. The successful candidate will be responsible for handling the accounting, budgeting, financial reporting, costing, tax issues, contracts and any other financial transactions related to the operations.
- Prepares annual budget; operating budget, capital expenditure budget and performs financial statements. Analyzes budget patterns and expenditure accordingly.
- Identifies and communicates over-expenditure to department heads.
- Approves expenditure throughout the budgetary period.
- Identifies budget issues, provides alternative solutions and resolves problems.
- Provides financial reports and analytics to support business decision making.
- Supervises payroll processing, payables, receivables, fixed assets, general ledger and tax functions and maintain up-to-date accounting records.
- Supervises the costing process and coordinates with sales and product support departments to determine the proper profit sharing percentages and pricing methodologies.
- Ensures that Company’s taxation policies and practices are consistent with governmental laws and regulations.
- Administers the General Ledger (GL) and reports related business processes and services including processing and reporting of periodic account, maintenance of the Chart of Accounts (COA), currency maintenance and journal processing.
- Administers for accuracy and completeness, the GL, which includes opening and closing of accounting periods in the system, appending, modification and closing of posting cycle for the journal vouchers.
- Ensures accuracy and completeness of period end accruals in the accounting system as well as reversal of such accruals post period.
- Ensures timely preparation of financial information as well as accompanied schedules for the purpose of consolidation and publication of accounts after month/year-end closing of accounts.
- Takes responsibility for the accurate preparation of monthly, quarterly, and yearly financial statements.
- Coordinates with internal and external auditors as required.
- Ensures that the Accounting Department employees carry out their duties in accordance with the requirements of the performance standards and code of ethics.
- Provides the Financial Manager with adequate information to carry out his/her responsibilities.
- Performs any related task as requested by the direct supervisor.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting and/or Finance.
- Professional certification such as CPA and CMA is an advantage.
- Min 6 years of experience.
- English is a must, Arabic / Kurdish is a plus
- Flexible to travel to the other regions in Iraq
- Automotive background experience is preferable