MSELECT is hiring a Safety Engineer for an international power plant client in Lebanon. Candidates must have a minimum of 10 years of HSE experience, including 4 years in a power plant's HSE, and be fluent in English. Fluency in French is a plus.
Provide high level technical safety expertise to assist power plant with safety-related needs, programs, and requirements. Provide assistance to various personnel based on knowledge of OSHA Regulations, ANSI, and NFPA standards and codes. At certain plants may need to also provide management and oversight for the OSHA Process Safety Management (PSM) program to ensure compliance with regulations.
- Serve as subject matter expert in assisting plant personnel in identifying safety gaps and assuring attention and closure in a timely manner
- Provide in-depth technical expertise for Safety and Health policies, Occupational Safety and Health Administration regulations, and other job-specific procedures or standards
- Perform detailed plant audit inspections with knowledge of OSHA and other associated regulations
- Represent Energy with regulatory agencies
- Develop safety-related training materials, and deliver training
- Be an active member of the Plant Lead Teams and ensure proper focus on safety
- Provide guidance and recommendations for improving safety performance
- Influence change at all levels to promote the development of a top safety culture
- Develop safety-related training materials and deliver training
- Participate in site safety teams and committees
- Assist plant personnel with implementation of new safety initiatives
- Perform audits, daily safety observations, and action plan development at plant(s)
- Provide OST assistance at each site and safety oversight during outages
- Develop and maintain a good working relationship with employees and contractors to ensure alignment with Energy goals and safety culture.
- Perform or ensure that health testing, air monitoring, noise monitoring, and hazard risk assessments are conducted, as required
- Assist and/or lead accident/incident investigations to assure all relevant causes are identified
- Assist in evaluating and eliminating human performance errors
- Education: Technical University graduates
- Desired: Degree (Bachelor of Engineering Degree, Master of Engineering Degree) in the area of Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
- The eligible candidate shall have total experience in HSE area of at least 10 years, in the HSE of a power plant of 4 years, and shall document his experience as HSE head for a period of time not less than 4 years.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of OSHA regulations and enforcement directives
- Thorough accident investigation skills desired with TapRoot cause analysis training a plus
- Ability to recognize hazards in the workplace and have the ability to mitigate the hazards
- Solid working knowledge of Worker’s compensation rules and regulations
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including presentation skills plus computer proficiency including expertise with MS Office products: Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Time management skills with the ability to manage multiple activities and changing priorities
- Effective decision making, analytical skills and influencing skills
- Willingness to work overtime, including weekends and holidays as needed
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Self-motivated and dependable team player
- Experience working with contract companies
- Languages: The candidate must be able to communicate effectively in both written and spoken English. The ability to communicate in French will be advantageous
*Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process.