MSELECT is looking for a Power Plant Superintendent in Lebanon for an international power plant client, candidates must have a min 12 years’ experience in a gas turbine combined cycle power plants operation, fluency in English is a must.
The Plant Superintendent is responsible for management of overall Operations and Maintenance (O&M) of two plants located in Lebanon. The Plant Superintendent is accountable for providing adequate supply of manpower, tools, equipment, and spare parts are available for the safe and efficient operation of the power plants. The Plant Superintendent will provide leadership, management, and establish goals to attain employee safety, reliable plant operations, trained qualified and engaged workforce, positive employee relations, financial performance and compliance with all environmental and regulatory requirements.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Ensure that entire plant is within corporate goals of safety, environmental and regulatory compliance.
- Formulate and manage financial forecasting in accordance with budgetary and capital expense constraints.
- Direct O&M Manager(s) in the performance of plant outages, capital projects and daily operation.
- Administer the plant’s Safety, Operations, Maintenance, Administrative, Training, Chemistry and Environmental QA/QC programs to assure the safe, efficient and compliant operation of the plants.
- Ensure the safety of all employees of the plant through elimination of injuries to employees, contractors and visitors.
- Ensure the plants are operated and maintained in compliance company policies and procedures including performing self-certifications and audits.
- Create and support an organizational culture that encourages and rewards employee involvement, innovative thinking, adaptation to change, responsible risk taking, and continuous improvement.
- Conduct periodic reviews of plant policies and procedures to assure that they reflect current plant operating requirements.
- Provide leadership through workforce planning, succession planning and training opportunities.
- Provide regular feedback to employees on their performance to allow them to capitalize on their strengths and focus on opportunities for improvement.
- Work under limited to no supervision.
- Independently prioritizes and executes responsibilities.
- Oversee inventory management and procurement activities.
- Provide technical support to corporate business development and other plants as needed.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Maintain the highest standards of conduct and integrity in all dealings with or on behalf of company at all levels inside and outside the organization.
- Ability to lead, coach, and guide employees and understand the importance of positive employee relations.
- Ability to develop and lead plant employees so they operate as a team and utilize the most efficient practices.
- Ability to obtain and apply knowledge of competitive business practices in daily work activities and decision making.
- Excellent writing and presentation skills, verbal skills that are persuasive, and the ability to promote business initiatives.
- Extensive knowledge of combustion turbine and ancillary equipment theory, operation and maintenance. Controls experience, particularly with PLCs, GE Mark IV & VI and BOP DCS is preferred.
- Some level of advanced technical skills, such as rotating-equipment vibration analysis, electrical troubleshooting, etc. is desired.
- Ability to anticipate and accept changes in the organization and adapt to meet new requirements.
- Excellent organizational skills with attention to detail, accuracy, and timeliness.
- Ability to demonstrate advanced computer knowledge of Word, Excel, Power Point and various.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in the area of Mechanical or Electrical Engineering.
- Minimum of 12 years’ experience in a manger position. Of Which:
In a manager’s position of gas turbine combined cycle power plants operation of 4 years,
In the position of GTCC Power Plant Manager for not less than 4 years. (The reference power plant capacity shall not be less than 200Mwe.
*Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process.