MSELECT is looking to hire a Lead Forecasting Engineer for an international oil & gas operator in Basrah. Candidates must have minimum 5 years of relevant experience. English and Arabic fluency is a must.
The Lead Forecasting Engineer will be responsible for generating short (monthly) and longer term (annual) production forecasts and will support the management of performance against the forecast assumptions. Furthermore, the successful candidate will assist in the development of a new water injection forecasting process and toolkit.
- Generate short and long-term production forecasts
- Understand and communicate the impact of forecast uncertainties
- Track performance against forecast assumptions to support the delivery of the annual production plan
- Assess and communicate the impact of changes to the activity assumptions in the forecast to support business decision making
- Integrate across different departments to continually improve the production forecasts process
- Collaborate with the Water Injection Teams to develop a new water injection forecasting process and toolkit
- Modernise & transform Production Management tools such as the Forecasting Tool
- Essential Education Petroleum Engineering or similar engineering degree essential experience and job requirements
- Proven industry experience working as a Petroleum or Reservoir Engineer (minimum of 5 years)
- Strong numeracy skills, including statistics
- Proficient in English and competent communications skills desirable criteria and qualifications
- Experience in production forecasting
- Data science skills, preferably Python
- Data analysis and presentation techniques, e.g. Power BI
- A motivation to continually learn and develop
Rotational 2 weeks work / 2 weeks off
*Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process.