MSELECT is looking to hire a Trade Supervisor for an international FMCG client in Erbil. Candidates must have a minimum 4 years of relevant experience and fluency in English and Arabic is a must.
Reporting to the Area Director, the Trade Supervisor Iraq main mission is to follow-up on local development of the company’s brands in terms of company in the off-trade and on-trade (Kurdistan + regions and Baghdad), report business intelligence, and bring support to the distributors as to improve overall ways of working, and brands performances. Based in Kurdistan region (Erbil), the position remains mainly local, but will as well imply some trips to Headquarters (France), daily/weekly visits to distributors and customers in the domestic market. This position will meet several challenges such as building a census of the on/off trade Spirits universe, identification of key customers, improving merchandising standards and follow-up on brand distribution.
- Improve and rationalize the Iraqi Spirits Universe knowledge
- Establish a census (database) of the spirits off-trade and on-trade universe with the support of our Business Development team and the knowledge of our customers
- Identify key priority outlets and customers for our main brands
- Performance monitoring
- Audit and report the shelf numeric distribution of our main brands, follow-up on its evolution/improvements
- Audit and follow-up on range compliance in store, portfolio relevancy
- Regularly visit the third-party distributors’ key customers to raise standards of sales capabilities and improve company brands’ performance (RPVA)
- Closely follow-up on the field with local actors to identify the flows of entering parallel and counterfeit and, subject to the Area Director’s validation, take the counter measures if/when necessary
- Audit shelf & store merchandising, identify merchandising needs/opportunities
- Coordination with the distributors to raise merchandising standards
- Education (Minimum academic level necessary): Business school or similar
- Professional Experience (required by a new incumbent):
- 3 to 6 years of experience in sales or spirits in Iraq or in the region
- Strong experience of relationships with a customer / distributor, good communication skills
- Project management (organization, planning)
- Strong integration and understanding of international business
- Arabic/English: fluent
- French: good understanding
- Sense of ethics, entrepreneurial, resourceful and transparent
- Open minded, used to work in different cultural environments
*Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process.