MSELECT is looking to hire a Procurement Officer for a multinational paints manufacturer in Fallujah; the candidate should hold a degree in Business Administration or higher school education and a minimum of 5 years’ similar experience within the paints industry.
To participate and supervise the timely purchases of goods and services for the company; ensure cost effectiveness commensurate with quality, perform all purchases in accordance with standard policies and procedures and all local, provincial and federal laws.
Shall be responsible for the purchasing of materials and services, negotiations with foreign suppliers, follow up with advance payments, follow up for the incoming delivery schedule, searching the new suppliers, preparation for local purchase orders, managing purchases for departments, maintain records of goods ordered and received, process requisitions and purchase orders for materials, services and assets, analyses market and delivery systems to assess present and future material availability, implement purchasing contract, management instructions, policies, and procedures. Promote and maintain a high level of communication and liaison with the external supplier and Store department.
- Conduct research in local market to search the suppliers to locate and ensure most cost effective and competitive pricing for the purchase of supplies and services.
- Provide assistance to Purchase Manager in correspondence with supplier and service provider.
- Negotiate with suppliers in terms of prices, delivery and terms and condition in coordination with Purchase Manager.
- Assist Purchase Manager in preparation of binding contracts by collecting all the necessary information from supplier and incorporate such information in the contracts.
- Prepare Supplier Registration Form after the selection of supplier and forward the same to Purchase Manager for approval.
- Receive sample materials from supplier and coordinate with Quality Section for quality checking such samples.
- Follow up from Quality Section and receive and acknowledge Quality Testing Report for the test sample.
- Coordinate with suppliers for the approval of sample from Quality Section and further process the registration process.
- Receive updated Supplier Register from Purchase Officer and review the same for ensuring the completeness and accuracy of information recorded by Purchase Officer.
- Forward such register to Purchase Manager for the approval.
- Perform screening of received quotation from supplier and prepare Comparative Quotation Statement (CQS) on the basis of received quotation.
- Forward such statement to Purchase Manager for review and further screening of quotations and Managing Director for approval of CQS.
- Contact with approved supplier to agree the terms and conditions of delivery and payment.
- Prepare Purchase Order/General Purchase Order for placing order with supplier to deliver the material within a stipulated time and take acknowledgement from supplier.
- Coordinate with supplier for the arrival of ordered materials/assets and provide such information to Store department.
- Prepare or review Material/Asset Complaint Report on the basis of received Quality Testing Report or wrong material delivered form supplier as per set policies and procedures.
- Forward such complaints report to Purchase Manager, Purchase Committee and Managing Director as per set policies and procedures for review and approval.
- After approval forward the same Material Complaint Report to supplier through email or fax and take acknowledgment.
- Keep track for each purchase orders placed, and received materials.
- Prepare different types of reports such as supplier evaluation, supplier performance and other types of request reports.
- Assist Purchase Manager for maintaining purchasing information, files and records for the purpose of ensuring the availability of documentation and compliance with established policies.
- Maintaining and updating supplier master data files of contacts, suppliers register correspondence, signed contracts, pricing, proposals etc.
- Perform other duties/project as assigned by the Purchase Manager.
- Bachelor degree in business administration from reputable university or higher school education along any certificate in supply chain management.
- At least five (5) years’ of experience as Senior Purchase Officer from reputable paints manufacturing organization. Have good relationship with local suppliers.
- Ability to analyze purchases methods relative to current and future needs.
- Ability to negotiate with suppliers.
- Ability to form successful relationships.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work flexibly and under own initiative to achieve objectives.