MSELECT is looking to hire a Category Specialist for an international oil & gas operator in Basrah. Candidates must have minimum 5 years of relevant experience. English and Arabic fluency is a must.
The role of PSCM Wells Category Specialist reports to the Category Team Leader for Wells. The activity supports all sourcing activities, from the development of Strategy & Bid Lists, and subsequent RFP preparation, including the development of Evaluation Criteria, and the negotiation and placement of Contracts. Post Contract Management and Supplier Management activities shall be executed through established processes. A strong working relationship with the Wells Technical teams based in Basra, Southern Iraq, supports Contract implementation.
- Champions HSE and promotes compliance with the Code of Conduct and the business Values
- Supports the development of long-term Strategies to maximize value and efficiency for the business
- Prepare Strategy & Bid Lists (SBL) for approval by relevant Governance Board
- Prepare all necessary RFP and Contract documentation for issue through ARIBA OneSource
- Prepare and develop Bid Evaluation Plans (BEP)
- Prepare Recommendation for Award (RFA) for approval by relevant Governance Board and ensure timely execution and implementation of Award Recommendations
- Undertake Contract Management activities including the issuing of Call Offs, and support invoice queries and any dispute resolution as required
- Support Supplier Performance Management against established Key Performance Indicators; monitor through Performance Review Meetings to ensure continuous improvement of supplier performance and delivery
- Track record of successful PSCM delivery in challenging environments and Joint Ventures working with NOC’s
- Analytical abilities including marketplace and financial analysis
- MS Word, Excel skills, ARIBA and MAXIMO skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with suppliers
- Must have ability to work with people, to gain respect of peers and team members and capable of completing work assignments within agreed timeframes with a competent level of accuracy
*Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process.