MSELECT is looking to hire a Trade Operations Officer for an international banking client in Baghdad. Candidates must have a minimum of 3 years of relevant experience and be fluent in English and Arabic.
The Role Responsibilities
To deliver excellent client service and advice to our Corporate (Corporate & Institutional Banking) & Commercial Banking clients of Iraq in all interactions for their post transactional enquiries, complaints, and other service-related issues.
- Responsible for serving as the primary contact person for clients and internal staff for advice, enquiries, complaints and any other service issues.
- Deliver excellent service against agreed service standards.
- As a service partner, work together with Relationship Managers (RMs, Product Sales, Operations and other key internal stakeholders to solve client issues and identify opportunities to improve overall service for the clients.
- Build relationships and rapport with identified ‘premier’ clients at the transactional / operational level (Trade Finance Manager).
- Primary point of contact for external clients for professional advice, enquiries, complaints, resolving of discrepancies and transactional errors.
- Provide the highest standard of client service in response to client enquiries and complaints, so as to create improved, lasting relationships with our clients.
- Responsible for client satisfaction with service arrangements and delivery.
- Work with internal stakeholders to provide end-to-end query resolution to client satisfaction.
- Responsible for effective service recovery process through complaint logging and handling.
- Maintain a professional image through all interactions with clients.
- Continually identify opportunities to improve client efficiency and performance, through e.g. optimizing channel usage, identifying service improvements, product solutions, and cross-sell opportunities.
Trade Key Services
- Complete and Finalize all transactions on daily bases with no delay, and appropriate following up until solves.
- Prepare LGs Drafts and Register New Deals for Issuances & Amendments Transactions. Also prepare Authenticity Letters when requested.
- Translate and Register new AMD Claims submitted by Beneficiaries along with keeping follow up to Implement them/ Translate other Letters Generated to stakeholders.
- Handle CPCs on frequent basis and ensure to meet all requirements requested or refer it to respective teams.
- Check and Monitor Trade system daily, communicate with GBS team and other Stakeholders by all possible ways, or communicate with The Beneficiaries to get their consent or any other requirements and information.
- handle/ respond to all requirements emails from respective Trade teams related to provide LG Copies/ LC SWIFTs, provide formats, Approvals, or any other information.
- Monitor “Bank Claim” report continuously to mitigate risk, enhance claim processing for both clients and Beneficiary.
- Deliver all issued LGs/ LCs once issued or Courier them to the clients/ Beneficiary, to improve deliverability Quality, well client served, and positive result accordingly.
- Participate and Coordinate to meet Internal and External Audit requirements related to Trade.
- Prepare stamp duty charges to ministry of finance through lifespan stated Monthly.
- Participate to prepare all required reports from regulator on monthly/ quarterly basis.
- Achieve Trade Docs in Systems, Shareholder and Physically.
- To register and upload Guarantees issued daily basis into CBI LG Platform system and to perform reconciliation on Daily /Monthly basis between internal Trade system and CBI system.
Risk & Control
- Comply with Operational Risk Framework set out for Service Team including but not limited to client identification, complaints and enquiry handling.
- Comply with applicable Money Laundering Prevention Procedures and, in particular, report any suspicious activity to the Unit Money Laundering Prevention Officer and Line Manager.
- Adhere to policies including escalation and compliance requirements and follow any other relevant internal controls and procedures as they relate to process, products, policies and regulations.
- Also Back up to Cash Management Operations.
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group’s Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank’s Conduct Principles: [Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Financial Markets; Financial Crime Compliance; The Right Environment.]
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Team Leader, Trade Services
- Head of Trade Operations
- Trade Services Managers
- Cash Management Services Managers
- Securities Services Managers
- RMs and Business Managers
- Transaction Banking (TB) Product and & Sales Managers
- TB Client Service Managers
- Client Service Managers
- Managers in Hubs
- Technology Managers
- Central Bank/ Regulator
- Local Ministries
- Other Banks
Our Ideal Candidate
- Academic or Professional Education/Qualifications: As per Bank’s requirements and HR policy
- License’s and Certifications/accreditations: Preferable.
- Language: Fluent English and Arabic
*Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process.