MSELECT is looking to hire an Operations Planner for an international oil and gas operator in Erbil. Candidates must have 10 years of experience in Production/Operations within the Oil & Gas industry working for International Operating Company and be fluent in English.
- Fully responsible for Integrated Operations schedules and assigned Project Schedules, building from the Annual Work Plan & Budget (AWPB) and Asset development Plans.
- Developing plans for maintenance work orders, the repairs, servicing and efficient functioning of all machinery and equipment in a plant.
- Develop and maintain O&M cross functional plan (2wk, 6wk, 12wk, 4Q and 8Q).
- Develop and maintain project schedules for Brownfield Projects and assigned Greenfield Projects
- Facilitate 6 / 12wk planning meetings, daily onshore calls, and liaison with team.
- Develop and maintain Operations Readiness Plans for new Projects and Plants.
- Implement integrated operations, planning, process, and practices in line with the IOP procedure.
- Apply safety culture, understand SIMOPS issues, identifying improvement opportunities and produce work prioritization to meet constraints.
- Work closely with the Maintenance, Production and other functional teams as necessary on communicating work details and ensuring that all resources (manpower and materials) are captured in the work order and resource loaded in the P6 schedules.
- Develop and/or update Mechanical Predictive & Preventative Maintenance Routines as required.
- Analysing deviations between baseline plan and forecast and propose solutions.
- Develop baseline progress curve and monitor actual and forecast progress.
- Chair weekly schedule review meetings, plus others as required and drive out issues through effective control and follow up of actionable items.
- Daily control of field movements within the Operations department.
- Work with cost controller to develop budgets, forecasts and prepare regular reports and structure plans in a manner that allows this to happen easily.
- Work proactively with Operations Manager to embed a planning culture within the Operations environment.
- Perform other associated duties as assigned.
Skills and Experience
- 10 years of experience in Production/Operations within the Oil & Gas industry working for International Operating Company.
- Strong English language skills.
- Onshore site experience required.
- Excellent coordination skills
- A self-starter who can willingly engage with the entire organisation to secure the necessary data to build excellent plans and schedules.
- Experienced Primavera P6 user, able to quality control own and others’ plans, and export and analyse plan data for reporting purposes
- Strong team player
- Cultural Fit – Align with company's Energy Values of Integrity, Ingenuity, Accountability, Collaboration, and Respect.
- Focus on Results - Able to plan and organise work to achieve goals; achieves targeted results with minimal supervision; is accountable for own actions.
- Communications - Possess excellent verbal and written communications skills; Provides timely, well-organised oral and written information that is audience appropriate; listens attentively to others and retains and processes information.
- Teamwork - Builds alliances, partnerships, and collaboration with others, including those from different cultures and backgrounds; deals tactfully with others; helps with various team roles.
- Initiative and Innovation - Generates new ideas personally and encourages the team to do the same; stays up to date on technology and approaches to work; provides creative solutions and input when faced with challenges.
- Interpersonal Relationships - Builds effective relationships with internal and external customers (employees and contractors / suppliers); ability to work independently and coordinate work with others; resolves conflicts in a professional manner.
- Quality and Safety - Adheres to all safety and security policies and regulations; demonstrates quality work that is accurate, thorough, and efficient.
- Continuous Improvement - Examines personal and organisational processes, promotes opportunities for improvement, analyses successes and failures to learn and improve.
Internal & External Interaction
- Coordinate between PM&E team, subsurface team, drilling team and operations team and external 3rd party contractors/vendors to minimize execution impact to operations and assist in maximizing production.
- Co-ordinate with the Cost Controller and relevant Finance teams for monthly and quarterly reporting.
*Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process.