MSELECT is looking to hire a Civil Work Superintendent for an international oil and gas operator in Basrah. Candidates must have a minimum of 15 years of post-qualification experience in the oil and gas industry, with 5 years of civil work-related superintendent experience. Fluency in English is a must.
- Lead the assigned civil works project and ensure the construction work meet predefined objectives and safety, quality, cost, and time requirements.
- Concur technical designs and drawings to ensure it’s in compliance with Company specifications and international standards.
- Review and update construction procedures and method statements and special database reports when required.
- Provides technical assistance and consults with other departments regarding engineering functions and site development.
- Lead the civil work project and guide the Supervisor, Contractors, and Subcontractors for all civil work tasks activities.
- Ensure standard HSE, quality management system & construction procedures shall be implemented.
- Manage the performance of the construction team and (sub) contractors.
- Ensure leading practices, standards and guidelines are adhered to during the construction stage of the project.
- Guide construction inspections and provide support to review and approve contractor pay requests.
- Provide support to reviews and process the construction change orders.
- Attend and participate in civil work and related meetings whenever required.
- Timely report and resolve any issue that may impact the timely delivery of the projects.
- Performs related duties as required by management.
- Manage Scope, Organization, Quality, Cost and Time for the civil work.
- Set up and contract management of construction and /or other contracts
- Liaises with local authorities (if required) in line with the applicable governance documents and contracts (JOA, EDPSC)
- Communicate and coordinate the interface issues with relevant parties.
Health, Security, Safety and Environment
- Ensure compliance with all relevant HSSE management policies, procedures and controls within own area, monitoring, reviewing and evaluating on a continuous basis, and a responsible environmental attitude.
- Leading by example and develop a strong safety-first culture within the own and (sub) contractor workforce. Strong focus on personal safety, security and QA/QC.
People & Contractor Management
- Manage the activities and work performed by Management, Contractors and Suppliers.
- Submit performance assessment about construction team and (sub) contractors.
- Recommend training and development for team members to build their capabilities.
- Liaise with QA/QC section to conduct quality training to construction team and (sub) contractors to improve their quality capabilities.
- Develop an overview of contractor’s strengths and weaknesses and intervene as and when required exercising contractual rights.
Prepare, Monitoring & Control Budgets and Plans
- Lead construction work through reporting, analysis, and identifying variances from the plans.
- Identify deviations at the earliest possible stage and assist in the development of recovery plans and mitigation measures.
- Communicate critical issues to the manager in a timely manner with proposed solutions.
- Inform the project team of reaching important project milestones.
- Oversee the construction contractors and suppliers on an ongoing basis.
Contractor and Vendor selection
- Lead in identifying the list of external service providers eligible to provide the relevant services and work with the Procurement department to issue RFP/tender as per company’s policy.
- Lead in conducting technical and financial analysis of the proposals submitted by the service providers along with the relevant departments.
- If required, contribute on selection contractors prior to award
- Lead performance review for all civil work contractors/Suppliers and report the same to attention of management & pre-award evaluators.
Policies, Systems, Processes and Procedures
- Lead the development and implementation of the Construction Management policies, systems, processes and procedures, identifying potential areas of improvement.
- Review and update the Systems processes and practices for the civil work management enhancement
- Ensure compliance with corporate requirements on adherence to policies, procedures and instructions within own area related to all relevant regulatory directives to promote a safe and risk-free environment.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
- Degree in Civil engineering or equivalent (BSc preferred)
- Professional certification or accreditation in construction management or proven experience
- 15 years of post-qualification experience with experience in the oil and gas industry. At least 5 years of civil work-related superintendent experience.
- Work experience in the MENA Region, preferably in Iraq.
Knowledge, Skills & Attributes
- Mastery in Construction Management
- Skilled in Influencing and Conflict Handling
- Skilled in Contract Management
- Ability to think laterally and provide creative solutions to deliver projects and give strategic directions
- Ability to collaborate and communicate effectively
- Ability to drive and achieve desired results within the defined time duration
COMMUNICATIONS & WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
- Facilities Projects Team and Consultancy.
- Asset Management Team, HSSE.
- Operations & Maintenance
- Other department with civil work requirements
- BOC, Contractors, Vendors & Service providers
*Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process.