MSELECT is looking to hire an Electrical Engineer for an international oil & gas operator in Basrah. Candidates must have a minimum of 10 years of experience as a Lead or Senior Electrical Engineer within Oil & Gas/Petrochemical Industries. English and Arabic fluency is a must.
- Provide technical support, as necessary, to company’s Departments, namely; Brownfield and Greenfield Development Projects, Construction, Operations and Maintenance Groups, on all aspects of electrical engineering.
- Participate in, conceptual, basic and detailed design activities.
- Provide assurance on engineering compliance with pertinent Standards, Specifications, Codes and Regulations.
- Ensure that non-conformities and temporary deviations are identified, risk assessed, and plans are put in place to mitigate risks
- Provide technical input to company management of change process.
- Carry out Site Surveys, prepare Statement of Requirements, specifications, data sheets et cetera and associated deliverables for in-house and third-party engineering
- Review and approve as necessary, third party engineering deliverables
- Produce material requisitions, technical bid evaluations, interface as necessary with vendors via Procurement Department
- Produce design and construction work pack deliverables. Contents to include; Scopes of Work, Design/Construction Drawings, Design calculations, MTOs, Task Hazard Assessments
- Provide support as necessary to activity planning and progress reporting
- Liaise and work closely with company’s Electrical Technical Authority for guidance as necessary
- Represent the company on technical issues associated with 3rd party organisations, national authorities, and regulatory bodies where necessary.
- HSE inputs to support company’s performance contract including safety audits, Isolation Audits, Safety Observations, Risk assessments etc.
- Provide input to budget planning and contract technical scope development.
- Professional electrical engineer qualified to degree level [or equivalent].
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience as a Lead or Senior Electrical Engineer within Oil & Gas/Petrochemical Industries.
- Brownfield operational support role experience with an international oil and gas organisation.
- Experience of detailed engineering design, procurement, construction and commissioning of HV/LV power systems incorporating power generation, HV/LV switchgear, transformers, and distribution equipment.
- Experience of power system design software packages.
- Candidate to demonstrate familiarity with all relevant industry codes, standards and practices (IEC)
- Candidate to demonstrate good presentation and effective interdisciplinary communication skills developed in multi-national projects with diverse nationalities and cultures.
*Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process.