- Coordinate and manage all purchasing activity across a range of products and supplies, to include developing and maintaining close relationship with the supply base.
- Monitor suppliers' efficiency to achieve best possible delivery performance as well as negotiate with them to minimise costs to the company and to achieve 'best price/best quality/fastest delivery' purchasing.
- Provide a focal point for materials purchasing and liaise between contractors, vendors and our Client's team and management for all aspects related to material procurement, logistics and expediting.
- Adhere to the Purchase Orders Procedure - by requesting and raising Purchase Orders.
- Previous experience of working in a purchasing department.
- Experience of price negotiating and commercial contracts.
- Good administration, organisational and time management skills, with the ability to effectively plan and prioritise workload, multi-task and manage interruptions.
- Excellent project, activity and priority planning.
- Have a keen attention to detail and high levels of accuracy.
Note: This is an urgent requirement and due to the volume of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.