MSELECT is looking to hire an Audit Specialist for an international oil and gas operator in Basrah. Candidates must have a minimum of 3 years of experience in audit, or 5 years in Finance. Fluency in English is a must.
Routine coordination with BOC Auditors to ensure that required information is arranged, reviewed and shared on timely basis, assist in Partners audit, ensure compliance with Department policies and procedures, assist Audit Section in all matters related to BOC and Partners.
- Resolves all Audit notes, reports, official letters related to Audit Department issued from BOC, MoO, or any other authoritative/governing body, mainly in Iraq.
- Participate in preparation of Audit plan for BOC Audit
- Participate in preparation of Audit plan for JV Audit
- Translate, Analyze & Classify all audit notes and update Audit master file on daily basis
- Participate in consultative reviews, compliance audits, and special projects as required by Management
- Develop recommendations to strengthen internal controls, improve business processes, and verify that proper internal control safeguards are in place
- Follow up on BOC Directional notes and review action plans with different user departments
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Audit, Finance, or Business Administration or other relevant field of study
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office products
- Good command in English and Arabic is essential
- 3+ years of audit or 5 years in Finance – preferably with leading Oil & Gas Company
- Excellent knowledge and skills in dealing with large data
- Good knowledge of internal controls and control frameworks applicable to various operational activities
- Good analytical skills in reviewing processes and apply critical thinking to understand cost impact
- Work both collaboratively and individually
- Advance multiple activities concurrently and be flexible
- Successfully interact and communicate with all levels of employees and outside parties in collecting, analyzing and submitting information for audit purposes.
COMMUNICATIONS & WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
- Frequent contacts with Focal points to receive and give information related to Audits
- BOC Auditors
- Government Representative (MoO, FBMC etc.)
- Joint venture members
*Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process