MSELECT is hiring a Civil/Structural Team Lead for an international oil and gas operator in Basrah. Candidates must have a minimum 10-15 years of civil engineering experience in the oil and gas industry and be fluent in English.
- Focal Point of contact for the assigned EPC Contracts on site.
- Lead civil & structural team, PMC and (sub) contractors to manage and inspect the assigned civil & structural works and ensure the construction work meet predefined objectives and safety, quality, cost and time requirements.
- Get acquainted with contractor design documents, plans, procedures and method statements for compliance with approved design and requirements.
- Follow up of engineering, procurement and construction activities, identify deviations at the earliest possible stage and assist in the development of recovery plans and mitigation measures.
- Ensure compliance of the EPC Contractor with contract requirements.
- Identify salient problems needing the involvement of specialists. Inform Superior of such need.
- Liaise with LLI, EPC contractors and F&C members to highlight expected risks of schedule, quality, cost, change order, safety problems.
- Checking technical designs and drawings to ensure it’s in compliance with Company specification and international standard.
- Review and approve construction procedures and method statements and special database reports when its required.
- Provides technical assistance and consults with other departments regarding engineering functions and site development.
- Logistics, materials handling and inspection at site construction.
- Ensure standard HSE, quality management system & construction procedures shall be implemented.
- Manage the performance of construction team and (sub) contractors and to avoid repetitive construction mistakes by considering projects lesson learned.
- Ensure leading practices, standards and guidelines are adhered to during the construction stage of the project.
- Conducts construction inspections and provide support to review and approve contractor pay requests.
- Provide support to reviews and process the construction change orders.
- Attend and participate in the meetings whenever required.
- Liaising with requesting or concerned parties, such as with BOC, Production, Maintenance or other Engineering units, and cooperate with technical supporting engineer for gathering, researching and analyzing respective data and information and preparing recommendations with technical back-up as appropriate.
- Submit daily reports for the projects under his supervision.
- Assist to evaluate the performance of consultant and subcontractors according to their actual performance.
- Timely report any issue may impact the timely delivery of the projects.
- Performs related duties as required by management.
- Manage Scope, Organization, Quality, Cost and Time for the civil work.
- Contribute to set up and contract management of construction and /or EPC contracts
- Liaises with local authorities (if required) in line with the applicable governance documents and contracts (JOA, EDPSC)
- Communicate and coordinate the interface issues with relevant parties.
Health, Security, Safety and Environment
- Ensure compliance with all relevant HSSE management policies, procedures and controls within own area, monitoring, reviewing and evaluating on a continuous basis, and a responsible environmental attitude.
- Leading by example and develop a strong safety-first culture within the own and (sub) contractor workforce. Strong focus on personal safety, security and QA/QC.
People & Contractor Management
- Manage the activities and work performed by Project Management Consultancy (PMC), Contractors and Suppliers.
- Build good relationships with key stakeholders.
- Submit performance assessment about PMC and construction team and (sub) contractors.
- Recommend training and development for team members to build their capabilities.
- Liaise with QA/QC section to conduct quality training to construction team and (sub) contractors to improve their quality capabilities.
- Develop overview of contractor’s strengths and weaknesses and intervene as and when required exercising contractual rights.
- Assist on project CSR strategy development and execution
Prepare, Monitoring & Control Budgets and Plans
- Plan and monitor construction work through reporting, analysis and identifying variances from the plans.
- Identify deviations at the earliest possible stage and assist in the development of recovery plans and mitigation measures.
- Communicate critical issues to the infrastructure section head in a timely manner with proposed solutions.
- Inform project team of reaching important project milestones.
- Oversee the construction contractors and suppliers on an ongoing basis.
Contractor and Vendor selection
- If required, assist in identifying the list of external service providers eligible to provide the relevant services and work with the Procurement department to issue RFP/tender as per company policy.
- If required, assist in conducting technical and financial analysis of the proposals submitted by the service providers along with the relevant departments.
- If required, contribute on selection contractors prior to award
- Prepare data base for the actual performance of (sub) contractors/suppliers and report the same to attention of management & pre-award evaluators.
Policies, Systems, Processes and Procedures
- Contribute to the development and implementation of the Construction Management policies, systems, processes and procedures, identifying potential areas of improvement.
- Ensure compliance with corporate requirements on adherence to policies, procedures and instructions within own area related to all relevant regulatory directives to promote a safe and risk-free environment.
- Improvement of systems processes and practices.
COMMUNICATIONS & WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
- Facilities Projects Team and Consultancy.
- Asset Management Team, HSSE.
- Operations & Maintenance
- Contractors, Vendors & Service providers
- Construction and EPC Contractors
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
- Degree in Civil engineering or equivalent (BSc preferred)
- Professional certification or accreditation in construction management or proven experience
- 10-15 years of post-qualification experience with experience in the oil and gas industry
- Work experience in the MENA Region, preferably in Iraq.
- Demonstrated construction management roles of at least (5) five USD 60 million plus capital projects.
Knowledge, Skills & Attributes
- Mastery in Construction Management
- Skilled in Influencing and Conflict Handling
- Skilled in Contract Management
- Ability to think laterally and provide creative solutions to deliver projects and give strategic directions
- Ability to collaborate and communicate effectively
- Ability to drive and achieve desired results within the defined time duration
Number of staffs supervised
- Total: 5 – 20 company and consultancy staff
- USD 100,000,000 plus (overall project)
- Infrastructure Section Head
- Surface Facilities
*Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process.