MSELECT is looking to hire a Petrophysicist for an international oil & gas operator in Basrah. Candidates must have a minimum of 5 years of petrophysics experience. English and Arabic fluency is a must.
The IPT (Integrated Petrophysics Team) Petrophysicist reports to the Reservoir Management Manager. The role is responsible for evaluate Open Hole and Cased Hole log data within the Integrated Petrophysics Team. This team provides day to day Petrophysical interpretation and support to all surveillance (including Saturation logs, PLT/ILT, Well Integrity logs, Temperature logs, Pressure surveys) and managing subsequent activities such as perforations, water shut-offs etc.
As IPT member he/she will be key liaison point with the Reservoir Management Team, Base Management team, New Well Delivery team and Wells team.
- QC/QA well data.
- Interpretation of OH and CH logs well data.
- Delivery of well interpretation presentation, documents/reports.
- Support subsurface departments, providing petrophysical data.
- Follow rig and rigless logging operations.
- Support and provide petrophysical input into panel reviews and completion meetings.
- Perform other associated duties as assigned.
Criteria & Qualifications
- Minimum of 5 years of petrophysics experience
- Self-starter with excellent work ethic, diligent and reliable.
- Significant experience with predominantly an oil company or service company.
- Experience in sandstones and carbonates OH interpretation.
- Experience in CH interpretation including well integrity logs and integration of PLT/PNL data.
- Extensive use (advanced/skilled) of Techlog and PLATO interpretation software.
- Regional understanding of Sw/poro-perm characteristics and mapping.
- Understanding of formation pressure evaluation. QC and QA of Raw data.
- Understanding of the uncertainties in the measurements and calculations.
- Knowledge of operations: drilling and wireline operation.
- Strong collaborator with other teams and petrophysicist, engineers and geoscientist. Team player.
- Ability to identify work scope independently and initiate conversation with stake holders.
- Demonstrably strong communication skills in English.
- A bachelor’s degree in geology or petroleum engineering.
- Experience with coaching and mentoring.
- PowerBI user experience.
*Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process.