International oil & gas operator in Kurdistan looking for a Night Drilling Supervisor with minimum 10 years’ experience in the same field.
The Night Drilling Supervisor Supervises Wellsite Operations during the night shift during which period has responsibility for the supervision of well operations. Provides HSSE and operations leadership in the execution of well programs (drilling, completion, workover).
- Demonstrates HSE Leadership
- Ensures compliance with company Policies and standards.
- Leads service company pre-job safety meetings to ensure good communication.
- Identifies high risk situations, documents them, and adopts risk mitigation approach
- Performs daily HSSE / rig inspections
- Conducts Safety Drills related to well control and other potential hazards involved in well operations
- Participates in HSE and nonconformance event investigations and reporting as required.
- Focal point for emergency response.
Planning and Operations
- Coordinates well operations with Drilling Contractor and Service Companies to ensure compliance with work programs, Norsok standards and company procedures.
- Attends Daily planning meeting with Drilling Contractor and Service Company Supervisors.
- Prepares Daily Instructions to Drillers for approval by the DSV based on well program highlighting potential risks such as stuck pipe, losses and kicks.
- Prepares detailed procedures for specific well operations (running casing, cementing, logging etc.) for approval by the DSV.
- Performs wellsite calculations e.g. cement jobs
- Ensures well control event preparedness (SCR’s, Leak off Tests, BOP Tests, kick sheets, shut in procedure etc.).
- Ensures stuck pipe event preparedness (Drillers’ first actions, maximum allowable overpull, fishing equipment etc)
- Attends the rig floor to supervise critical activities such as (but not limited to) landing, cementing, and testing casing; flow checks, and while pulling the first ten stands while tripping etc
- Verifies adherence to instructions and procedures
- Organizes pre-job meeting (Operations and safety).
- Maintains “7 day planner” to anticipate resource requirements to meet well demands and provide optimum efficiency of services including contingency plans.
- Prepares Standard Equipment Lists (if applicable) in a timely manner for each phase of the well.
- Ensures Material Requests are issued in a timely manner to avoid disruption of operation.
- Responsible for checking equipment on site to ensure readiness. (QA/QC)
- Manages proper inventory of consumable drilling supplies such as cement, barite, bits, and nozzles, etc.
- Updates log book. Ensures adequate handover to his relief.
- Prepares accurate Daily Report for approval by the DSV with input from rig contractor and service company personnel in a timely manner
- Prepares other reports for approval by the DSV e.g. casing, cementing etc as required
- Prepares daily cost estimate for approval by the DSV (if applicable)
- Discusses Material Requests with Logistic Coordinator daily
- Documents within 24 hours any failure or incident report (in SYNERGY where access possible)
- Participates in program changes with project team being proactive in improvement suggestions
- Prepares Management of Change (MOC) for approval by the DSV where required
Training and Development
- Mentors junior staff at the wellsite
- Assesses readiness of rig crew for well control events by conducting regular drills
- Other drills e.g. emergency response as required
Required Qualifications & Experience:
- 10 years’ experience as Assistant Driller/Driller/Junior Drilling Engineer/Well Site Drilling Engineer/Drilling Supervisor, with a minimum of three years as Night Drilling Supervisor.
- A valid IWCF Certificate.
- H2S Awareness Training and Certification
- Safety courses required to carry out work at site and in accordance with company policy and as required by Country law and regulations
- Able to provide leadership in commitment to HSSE policies and standards.
- Land rig operations and management
- Able to meet requirements set out in Key Responsibilities
- Ensures cost effective use of services and equipment.
- Maintains a strong focus on progress towards achievement of objectives.
- Demonstrates a high level of competence in leading others.
- Develops highly positive relationships with both field and office teams.
- Demonstrates highly effective communication skills e.g. operational reporting, high visibility, working relationships.
- Looks beyond the obvious in problem solving.
- Applies sound judgment in decision making – seeks input of Drilling Superintendent in relation to unplanned/non-routine activities