Drilling Supervisor is required for international oil & gas operator with minimum 20 years’ of experience in the same field to be based in Kurdistan.
The Drilling Supervisor has overall wellsite responsibility for the supervision of well operations. Provides HSSE and operations leadership in the execution of well programs (drilling, completion, workover).
- Leader of the wellsite team with overall responsibility for conducting well operations in a safe and efficient manner.
- Ensures compliance with company Policies and standards.
- Leads safety meetings and service company pre-job safety meetings to ensure good communication.
- Identifies high risk situations, documents them, and adopts risk mitigation approach
- Performs daily HSSE / rig inspections
- Implements the application of the Permit-To-Work System at the rig site
- Assures the issuing and dissemination among the rig site personnel of all Emergency Response Plans to handle unscheduled events when occurring
- Conducts Safety Drills related to well control and other potential hazards involved in well operations
- Participates in HSE and nonconformance event investigations and reporting as required.
- Focal point for emergency response.
Planning and Operations
- Coordinates well operations with Drilling Contractor and Service Companies to ensure compliance with work programs, Norsok standards and company procedures.
- Attends Daily planning meeting with Drilling Contractor and Service Company Supervisors.
- Issues Written Instructions to Drillers for each tour based on well program highlighting potential risks such as stuck pipe, losses and kicks.
- Prepares detailed procedures for specific well operations (running casing, cementing, logging etc.).
- Performs wellsite calculations e.g. cement jobs
- Ensures well control event preparedness (SCR’s, Leak off Tests, BOP Tests, kick sheets, shut in procedure etc.).
- Ensures stuck pipe event preparedness (Drillers’ first actions, maximum allowable overpull, fishing equipment etc.)
- Attends the rig floor to supervise critical activities such as (but not limited to) landing, cementing, and testing casing; flow checks, and while pulling the first ten stands while tripping
- Verifies adherence to instructions and procedures.
- Organizes pre-job meeting (Operations and safety).
- Maintains “7 day planner” to anticipate resource requirements to meet well demands and provide optimum efficiency of services including contingency plans.
- Prepares Standard Equipment Lists (if applicable) in a timely manner for each phase of the well.
- Ensures Material Requests are issued in a timely manner to avoid disruption of operation.
- Responsible for checking equipment on site to ensure readiness. (QA/QC)
- Manages proper inventory of consumable drilling supplies such as cement, barite, bits, and nozzles, etc.
- Updates log book. Ensures adequate handover to his relief.
- Prepares/approves accurate Daily Report with input from rig contractor and service company personnel in a timely manner
- Prepares/approves other reports e.g. casing, cementing etc. as required
- Prepares/approves daily cost estimate
- Discusses Material Requests with Drilling Engineer daily
- Documents within 24 hours any failure or incident report (in SYNERGY where access possible)
- Discusses program changes with project team being proactive in improvement suggestions
Training and Development
- Mentors junior staff at the wellsite
- Assesses readiness of rig crew for well control events by conducting regular drills
- Other drills e.g. emergency response as required
Required Qualifications & Experience:
- 20 years’ experience as Assistant Driller/Driller/Junior Drilling Engineer/Well Site Drilling Engineer/Drilling Supervisor, with a minimum of 10 years as Drilling Supervisor.
- A valid IWCF Certificate.
- H2S Awareness Training and Certification
- Safety courses required to carry out work at site and in accordance with company policy and as required by Country law and regulations
- Able to provide leadership in commitment to HSSE policies and standards.
- Land rig operations and management
- Able to meet requirements set out in Key Responsibilities
- Ensures cost effective use of services and equipment.
- Maintains a strong focus on progress towards achievement of objectives.
- Demonstrates a high level of competence in leading others.
- Develops highly positive relationships with both field and office teams.
- Demonstrates highly effective communication skills e.g. operational reporting, high visibility, working relationships.
- Looks beyond the obvious in problem solving.
- Applies sound judgment in decision making – seeks input of Drilling Superintendent in relation to unplanned/non-routine activities