MSELECT is hiring a Legal Counsel for an international manufacturing and distribution client in Baghdad. Candidates must have a minimum of 5+ years’ experience with corporate law firms and/or as in-house counsel experience and be fluent in English and Arabic.
Reporting to: Legal Manager
- Move beyond functional boundaries to contribute to the overall health and effectiveness of the operation
- Assist in dealing with / managing external parties and stakeholders such as the government/regulatory authorities and external counsels, shareholders
- Assist in ensuring the holding of Board and General Meetings as well as corporate reporting/disclosures
- Provide proactive legal counsel and services including creative problem solving while keeping legal risks and costs within acceptable limits and overseeing significant legal issues throughout the territories.
- Assist in managing litigation including but not limited to civil, tax (federal/provincial), labor, regulatory, consumer and supplier related issues and maintain cordial professional relationship with lawyers and consultants.
- Assist in the management of Compliance portfolio
- Liaise with the government/regulatory authorities to ensure that the Company is in compliance with the relevant legal framework, thereby enhancing corporate image of the Company.
- Liaise with legal teams of TCCC at Division level and Trademarks Counsel on brand related issues.
- Proactively partner with portfolio departments in resolving their respective issues and partnering on their projects etc.
- Drafting, vetting and standardization of various agreements and documents as need be.
- Conduct legal trainings as and when necessary or required.
Qualifications & Skills Requirement
- Bachelor’s/ Master’s degree in law.
- 5+ years with corporate law firms and/or as in-house counsel
- Admitted to any reputable Bar Association
- Acute business acumen
- Excellent sense of judgement and analytical skills
- Detail-oriented, creative, with a can-do attitude
- Able to work on tight deadlines and multiple projects simultaneously
- Impeccable ethics, integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and result oriented
- Digital Literacy
Critical Experiences Specific to this Job
- Good knowledge of company management systems.
- Managerial and/or other functions experience is plus.
- Ability to lead and manage cross-function teams, upper management and Corporate.
*Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process.