Mechanical Field Engineer is required for international oil & gas operator with minimum 4 years’ of experience in the same field. Fluency in English and Kurdish is required.
Provide mechanical field engineering support, leadership and supervision at Company oil and gas production facility with high H2S, reporting to the Production Supervisor. Mechanical field engineering support includes piping, process equipment and rotating equipment installed in existing facilities as well as the construction of new facilities.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plan and prepared work scope packages for fabrication and installation of piping and mechanical equipment for various process systems.
- Resolve constructability issues, order materials, propose design changes and inspection.
- Review work order packages for work completion and closure.
- Provide day to day support to operations and construction team to ensure prompt resolution of operational and construction deficiencies observed at site.
- Engage with contractors and commissioning agents to test, start-up and commission major mechanical, process and piping systems.
- Develop commissioning documents, performed commissioning duties and prepare written commissioning reports.
- Created engineering designs to resolve problems arising during construction and operations.
- Prepared engineering drawings for construction to support installation or modification.
- Coordinated with operations, contractors and vendors to resolve design changes and propose modifications as needed.
- Develop material requirements for site projects.
- Walk down systems for completion and issue Mechanical Completion Certificates prior to turning over to operations for start-up.
- Manage punch list items completion.
- Provided implementation and technical guidance to welding and structural groups.
- Create work packages for the installation of mechanical equipment.
- Oversee the installation of mechanical equipment and withdrawal of material from the lay down yard.
- Ensure that the structural steel, process equipment, piping, valves and in-line instruments are installed correctly.
- Oversee and coordinate the work by contractors specifically relating to installation of piping, equipment, structural platforms and stairs, process piping, valves, instruments, insulation & cladding.
- Enforces all relevant safety and quality control policies and procedures.
- Oversees the day-to-day activities of contractors on site.
- Maintains regular communications with project staff to ensure work complies with drawings, specifications and schedule.
- Reviews plans and specifications of job, contractor scope documents, EHS and quality requirements to ensure that quantities, values, manpower requirements are understood.
- Coordinate and participates in weekly progress meetings with contractors.
- Develops and reports weekly progress.
- Assists in resolving construction problems (lack of productivity, work interfaces, safety issues, etc.) as required.
- Coordinate work activities and ensuring safe work permits, crane permits, and all other activities required to perform the job safely is done by the contractors.
- Attend all safety meetings.
- Qualifications, Licenses and Certifications including H2S certification.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- 4 year university degree in engineering.
- 4 years oil and gas production facility engineering and construction experience.
- Must be able to review and understand technical manuals, drawings and procedures.
- Must be able to speak and read English
- Must be able to write reports in English.
- Must be able to develop spreadsheets and charts to analyze cost and progress.
- Must be able to develop project schedules using MS Project or Primavera type applications.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Skilled at managing any kind of technical work at the field even with little supervision
- They should have ability to work in adverse setting and climatic conditions
- Sound ability to diagnose problems with existing equipment.
- Enthusiastic, passionate, patient and should be a critical thinker.
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of piping and equipment installation required.
- Requires excellent technical and management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively control schedule.
- Excellent knowledge of safety requirements
- Enthusiastic about field operations role.
- Ability to work effectively within operations and maintenance.
- Ability to work with multi-national workforce.
- Willingness to work on shift/rotation schedule.
- Ability to work outdoors in inclement weather.
- Has valid driver’s license.