MSELECT is looking to hire an Audit Section Head for an international oil and gas operator in Basrah. Candidates must have a minimum of 5 years of experience in the Oil & Gas Sector or 10 years’ experience in Audit. Fluency in English is a must.
- Cost Recovery exposure is reduced to minimum;
- Accounting record is arranged / reviewed before providing information to auditors;
- Appropriate policies and procedures are followed while carrying on these audits;
- Respond to various queries / letters related to BOC and/or Partners Audit
- Pro-active approach in timely completion of audit engagements; and
- Assist Audit Manager in preparing various policies and procedures, training materials, periodic management reports, etc.
- Draft audit procedures and mechanism to deal with day to day requests from BOC for verification of cost incurred for petroleum operations;
- Review the information received from various functions to resolve audit notes, respond to letters received from BOC and/or other Government Authorities related to audit function;
- Prepare period audit reports regarding the progress made on various audits
- Draft plan for Partners Audit based on their request for each year and coordinate the activity with other functions to ensure timely completion of audit.
- Review the analysis and classification of all audit notes and review Audit master file on daily basis
- Assist Audit Manager in coordinating any consultative reviews, compliance audits, and special assignments as required for projects in Iraq
- Follow up with BOC Audit Team and Partners Audit Coordinators on open items related to audit engagements; liaise with other functions to provide necessary support to close such items;
- Prepare training material for other functions to understand their roles in assisting BOC and Partners audit engagements;
- Assist Audit Manager in preparation of various reports, reviews, correspondences, meetings, etc. within and outside organization;
- Any other work that may be assigned on need basis related to audit function of the company
- Periodic Management Reports regarding Audit Status
- Report to Internal Audit Committee established by UEG
- BOC & Partners Audit Plans and Mechanism
- English translations of various letters / reports related to audit function
- Ensure that all reports, letters and other forms of communication prepared for internal management and/or for external parties including BOC, Funding Parties, other Govt. agencies, etc. reflects true and fair information.
- Ensure that one data base is maintained in the Shared Folder which is accessible to Audit Team Members and proper guidelines are available for staff to update periodically.
- Manage the activities and work performed by direct reports to ensure that various audit assignments are progressing smoothly, and cost recovery risk is minimized
- Recommend training and development interventions for team members to build their capabilities.
- Take initiatives to various team building activities and encourage problem solving through knowledge dissemination / sharing, training on complex issues and lead by example to maximize their performance.
Policies, Systems, Processes and Procedures
- Contribute to the development and implementation of BOC and partners audit policies and procedures and all related templates
- Ensure compliance with corporate requirements on adherence to policies, procedures and instructions within own area related to all relevant regulatory directives to promote a safe and risk-free environment.
Health, Security, Safety and Environment
- Ensure compliance with all relevant health, security, safety and environmental management policies, procedures and controls within own area, monitoring, reviewing and evaluating on a continuous basis, to guarantee employee safety, legislative compliance, delivery of high-quality service and a responsible environmental attitude.
- Contribute and ensure timely and accurate reporting within and outside organization.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration or other relevant field of study
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office products
- Good command of English and Arabic is essential
- 5 years of experience in the Oil & Gas Sector or 10 years’ experience in Audit
Knowledge, Skills & Attributes
- Strong knowledge of Oil & Gas value chain
- Strong planning, organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent knowledge with data analysis
- Analyse processes and apply critical thinking skills
- Work both collaboratively and individually
- Advance multiple activities concurrently and be flexible
- Successfully interact and communicate with all levels of employees and outside parties
- Strong knowledge of Petroleum Contracts with State Partner
- Excellent understanding of Drilling, EPCC and other related contracts
- Planning & Strategic thinking
- Team building / Team work
- Decision Making & Problem-Solving skills
COMMUNICATIONS & WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
- Frequent contacts with other functions to share information related to various audits
- Internal Audit Committee
- BOC Audit Team
- Other Government Representatives from MoO / PCLD, etc.
- Funding Partners Audit Coordinators
*Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process