MSELECT is hiring an Area Instrument and Control Engineer (I&C) for an international oil and gas operator in Basrah. Candidates must have a minimum 3 years of relevant experience and be fluent in Arabic and English.
The Operations support I&C engineer will be embedded in and report to the Area leadership team for tactical Instrumentation and Control systems support across a broad spectrum of new and ageing facilities instrument and controls equipment. Acting as a central engineering team representative with the accountability of maintaining discipline regarding Instrumentation and Control standards, codes and practices in the area. The Operations support I&C engineer will be tasked with ownership of Instrumentation and control systems assurance. The incumbent shall manage area MoC’s, be a focal point for plant troubleshooting, support development work, own technical bid evaluations for the area as well as support the maintenance and operation team with ensuring appropriate levels of critical spares are available to maintain safe reliable operation. In addition, the role will be a mentor and coach to the maintenance technicians and contractors in the areas of safety, reliability and efficient execution of work.
- Promote a culture of safety and continuous improvement
- Champion the nationalization program by identifying & mentoring Iraqi nationals
- Ownership of equipment health and monitoring in support of area reliability targets
- Supports the central M&E teams in developing and delivering reliability improvements
- Support the execution of work in accordance with the Control of Work standards
- Support the delivery of the Maintenance & Engineering Vision, Strategy and Priorities
- Support maintenance and project teams to deliver I&C improvement initiatives within assigned facilities
- Oversee equipment overhauls and installations to ensure work is carried out to high standards
- Coordinate with Production/Operations staff to identify/prioritize and schedule MOC activities
- Advise and coach a multi-disciplined Iraqi Engineering/Operations/Maintenance workforce at assigned assets
- Ensure PID’s and I&C including cause and effects documentation and drawings are up to date
- Identify areas of improvement in safety, reliability, and efficient execution of work
- Provide assurance on engineering compliance with applicable Standards, Specifications, Codes and Regulations. Ensure that non-conformities and temporary deviations are identified
- Provide procurement engineering support for material requisition development, bid evaluations and supplier documentation reviews.
- Degree / diploma qualified engineer or equivalent work experience
Essential experience and job requirements
- Extensive and relevant industry experience in brownfield Instrumentation and Control systems activities across the full value chain of hydrocarbon and water production operations.
- Experience in brownfield engineering, reliability, and strong technical leadership with influencing capabilities.
- Prefer to have higher than 3 to 4 years relevant experience.
- Candidate to demonstrate familiarity with all relevant industry codes, standards and practices (API, ASME, ISO), and relevant experience with PLC, DCS, field Instruments both electronic and pneumatic.
Desirable criteria and qualifications
- Key skills include communication, interpersonal relationships, facilitation, influencing, and negotiating
- Ability to develop others and foster diverse relationships in a multicultural environment
- Ability to identify correct priorities of maintenance and engineering support activities
- Identify and assess safety hazards
- Ability to speak Arabic would be beneficial but not essential
- A passion and relentless drive for continuous improvement
- Strong use of IT systems to analyze data, and produce reports & KPI’s etc
- Strong interpersonal skills with experience influencing operating teams and contractors
- Strong cultural awareness
- Able to prioritize work in a high activity environment
- Able to work within a multidisciplinary team
- Ability to handle multiple tasks with minimal supervision
- Strong bias for being proactive and getting results
- Demonstrate planning, organizational and communication skills
- Operations / Embedded Operations Support Team
- 5 days on / 2 days off (daily commute)
*Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process