MSELECT is looking for a Quality Assurance Manager based in Baghdad for one of regional clients in the food and beverages company. The successful candidate will manage and directs all Quality Control and on other related 3rd party operations (Inspection – Quality Engineering – Technical Support – Manufacturing Technology Training – 3rd Party Quality Control for co-packing Operation). Minimum 8 years of experience, 2 years in an equivalent middle management position.
- Ensure that all the finished products/raw Material conform to the established Internal and External standards.
- Implementation and Manage of the Integrated Management System (ISO9001, ISO 14001, ISO 22000. OHSES 18001 and HACCP) leading to Certification.
- Ensure the facility, practices and products conform to the Local Food control Authority guidelines while maintaining a good working relationship with the authorities.
- Responsible for product and system quality to ensure all products and procedures are compliant with internal and external standards.
- Ensure compliance with all regulations and standards required by local law (Health & Safety, Environmental, Product Quality, GMP, Labelling, Factory and Fire).
- Lead the continuous improvement objectives of the company while implementing Lean Operations across all functions in Iraq.
- Ensure all operating licenses (Health & Safety, Civil Defense, Environmental, Truck, Health Cards and GMP) are maintained in all areas of the facility.
- Develop and install processes, procedures and systems required to manage SHE
- Audit & control general factory conditions (food safety & hygiene production operations)
- Report hazards and injuries to management and use outputs of SHE.
- Maintain product quality to meet internal and external (ESMA, GSO) specifications.
- Monitor performance and minimize risk through the quality KPI’s and internal audit processes.
- Reduce customer complaints in conjunction with the production and development departments.
- Conduct regular check on analysis results of finished, raw and packaged materials.
- Keeping records of most important quality issues.
- Develop and install processes, procedures and systems required to manage quality.
- Audit quality processes and systems and ensures that corrective actions are taken.
- Implement/ install quality systems and processes.
- Develop and maintain quality specifications.
- Construct processes and procedures to ensure product traceability through the customer/consumer.
- Create systems to monitor and control indicators of factory quality.
- Develop and implement savings in projects.
- Coordinate with the internal division on standards and facilities resolutions of the international quality issues and problems on the imported material.
- Provide service data and collect feedback from customers.
- Attend meeting with customers on service.
- Promote continuous improvement programs in conjunction with production team.
- Ensure that regular checks are taken during the production process and that the online product analysis results allow the provision of optimum quality levels of finished products.
- Participate in TPM/lean operations and other initiatives to improve quality and guide the overall process.
- Bachelor in Science.
- Minimum 8 years’ experience out of which 2 should be in an equivalent middle management position.
- Knowledge in food technology, chemistry, microbiology, and biochemistry.
- Understanding of quality control measures and standards.
- Thorough knowledge of health and safety standards.
- Objective analytical power.
- Market drive.
- External orientation.
- Excellent planning skills, financial and business acumen.
- Organization skills.
- People management and coaching skills.
Please note only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process