MSELECT is looking to hire a Projects HSSE Manager for an oil operator to be based in Kurdistan. Minimum 15 years’ of experience with at least 5 years spent in a Managerial/Senior Supervisor role.
The role holder will assume the HSE Lead of Projects in the Business Unit from the Project Select Phase for infrastructure in fields, guiding compliance with the Project HSE Plan and managing a ‘living’ risk management process throughout the design and operational readiness stages handing over a ‘ready to operate’ product to the Operations Teams, in full compliance with company’s HSSE Standards and Business Unit Procedures.
Risk Management – manage a Project ‘living’ risk register with clear risk controls owned by risk owners in the line and corporate functions, arriving at a ‘go, no go’ register of controls needed to be in place before hand over to operations.Working with line and functional role holder’s risks shall cover Health, Occupational Safety, Process Safety, Environment and Security.
Project Planning and integration – Develop a project plan of HSSE activities that are required to be conducted throughout the project to deliver ALARP HSSE risk both during the project and into operations
Integrated planning – Ensure the HSSE plan is integrated into the BU 90 day plan and the project plan such that HSSE deliverables are accounted for in the overall project schedule. This will require close cooperation with line and functional roles.
Contractor HSSE Management – Ensure full compliance with the Contractor HSSE Management Standard working closely with Contract Holders, SCM and the New Ventures and SCM HSE Manager (Corporate). Agree contract risk ratings, risk registers, questionnaires, undertake evaluations of contractors with verification audits where required and ensure gaps in compliance by contractors are understood and controlled before they kick off work.
Audit and assurance of contractors – undertake regular field based assurance and check visits to contractors in field and conduct contractor management meetings where required by Standards and to rectify identified performance issues.
Training and competency assurance – ensure that project HSSE risks are controlled by competent persons during all phases of a project being, design, construction (civils and mechanical) through to operations hand over.
Required Qualifications & Experience:
- Minimum 15 years HSE experience with at least 5 years spent in a Managerial/Senior Supervisor Role
- Relevant engineering/science degree / Diploma in Occupational Health & Safety
- Experience in HSE project management including all the following: design, execution, construction and operations readiness.
- Demonstrable Project HSSE Management experience
- Delivering Projects on challenging time scales in developing HSSE Cultures.
- HSSE Risk management to Skill level competence Sound understanding of HSSE risks and controls for onshore project design and execution.
- Able to identify and rectify emerging risks before they impact the project.
- Integrating input from line and functions
- Drilling Projects
- Process safety skills to enable working closely with engineering teams.
- Working with contractors in challenging conditions (contractor personnel with substandard safety culture, terrain, weather)
- Working knowledge of industry HSE standards
- Track record of developing & implementing Contractor HSSE Improvement Plans & Bridging Documents.
- Excellent English written and presentation skills
- Capable of delivering ‘Knowledge’ and ‘Skills’ level training in HSSE Risk management and coaching national employees.
- Environmental impact assessments
- Health risk assessments
- Emergency response readiness
- Passionate safety leader, dedicated to full compliance with company and regulatory requirements.
- An HSE leader by example.
- A coach by nature developing those around you
- Delivers on agreed objectives, on-time and to agreed quality without being prompted.
- Flexibility, adaptability and ability to achieve results in a small organization through initiative and taking accountability
- Open communication style
- Team skills, keen to involve others and to value their input.
- Open and honest when problems arise to ensure rapid solutions are found and implemented.
- Ability to self-deliver when needed.
- Passion and ability to develop others
- Ability to manage emergencies
- Treats others with respect