MSELECT is looking to hire an Assistant Audit Manager for an international oil and gas operator in Basrah. Candidates must have a minimum 10 years of experience in Oil & Gas industry and be fluent in Arabic and English.
The role of Assistant Audit Manager is to lead following functions and ensure adequate policies and procedures exist to improve internal controls and governance process for key aspects of operations
- Timely completion of Cost Recovery Audits with BOC & ensure minimum exposure to JV Partners
- Coordinate with JV Partners and timely completion of their annual audits
- Develop policies and procedures for various functions in Audit Department; assist other department in drafting / reviewing policies & procedures;
- Supervise Risk & Compliance activities and ensure timely completion of critical tasks to avoid any delay fines / penalties; and
- Organize Audit Committee Meetings for Iraq Assets and provide report to management.
- Establish policies and procedures around key activities of the department including BOC & Partners Audit, Risk & Compliance audits, Department Reporting Frameworks, etc.
- Lead BOC and other Government Audits as required under EDPSC, review the information before sharing with auditors, ensure relevance and completeness of such information and close out audits on timely basis. Ensure that cost recovery exposure from such audits is minimized.
- Review and approve Annual JV Partners Audit Plan based on their request and coordinate with other functions to achieve efficiency in completion of such audits.
- Establish Risks & Compliance Registers and monitor periodic progress to ensure contractual, financial, tax and other compliance requirements.
- Review all correspondence with JV Partners, BOC and external organizations with respect to sharing of financial information.
- Coordinate periodic meetings with staff to monitor the progress on open items regarding BOC and Partners Audit and other key activities of Audit Department, advise staff on efficient completion, and provide periodic reports to Financial Division Head / Asset Management.
- Organize training sessions for other functions explaining their roles in assisting various audits, managing risks and compliance activities, improving cost recovery processes, etc.
- Advise management on various cost recovery issues, EDPSC compliance matters, areas of improvement to enhance controls over cost recovery process, risk & compliance management, etc. and monitor progress on such activities.
- Meetings / Workshop with BOC and Ministry officials regarding cost recovery invoices, general / specific cost recovery audit related issues and monitor progress ensuring efficient completion of assignments.
- Any other work that may be assigned by Department Manager and/or Financial Division Head on need basis.
- Policies and Procedures to carry out key activities of the Department
- Periodic Management Reports regarding BOC & Partners Audit
- BOC Audit Committee meetings and follow up on action items
- Risks & Compliance Registers
- Trainings and Workshops
- Ensure that all reports, letters and other forms of communication prepared for Asset Management and/or for external parties including BOC, JV Partners, other Govt. agencies, etc. reflects true and fair information.
- Ensure that data base is maintained and updated on regular basis in the Shared Folder & adequate access rights are available to staff to perform their routine work.
- Manage the activities and work performed by direct reports to ensure that various assignments are progressing smoothly, and cost recovery risk is minimized
- Assess training needs for staff to build their capabilities.
- Take initiatives to various team building activities and encourage problem solving through knowledge dissemination / sharing, training on complex issues and lead by example to maximize their performance.
Policies, Systems, Processes and Procedures
- Establish policies, procedures and related templates for department.
- Ensure compliance with corporate requirements on adherence to policies, procedures and instructions within own area related to all relevant regulatory directives to promote a safe and risk-free environment.
Health, Security, Safety and Environment
- Ensure compliance with all relevant health, security, safety and environmental management policies, procedures and controls within own area, monitoring, reviewing and evaluating on a continuous basis, to guarantee employee safety, legislative compliance, delivery of high-quality service and a responsible environmental attitude.
- Contribute and ensure timely and accurate reporting within and outside organization.
COMMUNICATIONS & WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
- Frequent contacts with other functions to share information related to various audits
- BOC Audit Committee
- UEG Regional Office and Head Quarters on various cost recovery / risk & compliance related matters.
- BOC Audit & Blocks Affairs Department
- Other Government Representatives from MoO / PCLD, etc.
- JV Partners
DECISION MAKING AUTHORITY
- Key decisions having significant impact on company Operations planning activities as referred in the main job responsibilities
- The jobholder exercises operational authority as per the level established by the company management and stipulated in the authority matrix.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
- A Master or Equivalent degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration or other relevant field of study
- Certifications in Internal Audit, Risks & Compliance and related disciplines will add value
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office products & knowledge of ERP environment
- Native Arabic Speaker with good communication skills in English
- 10 to 15 years of experience in Oil & Gas industry (especially working with Operators); or 15 years’ experience in Audit firms with specialty in Oil & Gas industry clients.
- Strong knowledge of Oil & Gas value chain
- Strong knowledge of Petroleum Contracts with State Partner
- Strong planning, decision making and organizational skills
- Excellent understanding of major operational activities e.g. drilling, production, oil-lifting, EPCC and other related contracts
- Excellent knowledge with data analysis and critical / strategic thinking skills
- Advance multiple activities concurrently and be flexible
- Successfully interact and communicate with all levels of employees and outside parties
- Team building / Team work
- Decision Making & Problem-Solving skills
- Line Manager (Dept. Manager / Section Head)
- Audit Manager
- Financial Division
*Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process