MSELECT is looking to hire a Contract Specialist for an oil and gas operator company in Erbil, the candidate must be fluent in English and Kurdish, with experience in oil and gas companies.
Purpose of the job
To support the business by placing contracts and purchase orders with third parties to deliver goods and services as determined by the business plans. Working with the Supply Chain Manager and the rest of the Supply Chain team and closely with the users across the organisation to meet the business needs.
- Complies with COMPANY and MNR procurement procedures and standards
- Develop strategies for the procurement of major commodities and services.
- Coordinates all contract submittals, approvals and correspondence, preparing and processing of variation orders, claims and close outs
- Compile tender documents and conduct tender exercises on behalf of the business.
- Develop commercial evaluation methodology, conduct evaluations and present recommendation.
- Co-ordinate technical, HSE and commercial clarifications as required.
- Prepare, award & issue contracts.
- Manage contracts post-award
- Maintain contracts database and purchase order system information.
- Champions competitive selection of contractors and rigorous ethical and fair practices in the procurement process
QUALIFICATIONS (Professional, Technical, Academic)
- Bachelor’s degree
- Enrolled in or pursuing SCM related accreditation
EXPERIENCE / SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE
- Experience working in a team environment
- Ability to make decisions without further reference but knows when to ask for advice
- Experience of strategy development, contractor selection, contract drafting and contract management
- Tender preparation, administration and evaluation
- Good understanding of procurement process and procedures
- Excellent written and spoken English skills
- Some oil and gas experience
PROFESSIONAL / PERSONAL COMPETENCIES
- Confident, self-motivated, high initiative and adaptability
- Excellent communication skills; including verbal as well as written and via computer
- Sensitivity to working in an environment with diverse cultural and religious backgrounds
- Prioritizing safety, the environment, and security as part of decision making process
- Analytical & problem solving skills - capable of determining reason(s) for less than optimum performance, making recommendations to resolve, and implementing agreed solutions.
- Team player, willing to coordinate and work with associated functional department personnel for the benefit of achieving COMPANY goals and objectives. Willingness to network and communicate with broader COMPANY organization.
Problem Solving/ Resolution
- High level of organizational, problem solving and administrative skills
- Ability to establish credibility and be decisive
- Comprehensive computer skills specific to spreadsheet applications
- General working experience with corporate purchasing and accounting systems
- People skills must support effective communication and cooperation with field personnel and accounting staff, technical specialists, and oilfield service company personnel
- Ability to develop relationships with key business stakeholders
Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process.