Supervise and coordinate the IT support team to for the Atrush organisation in Erbil and the Atrush Field. The work environment within Kurdistan is challenging as limited suppliers are available and do require a lot of attention in order to get the right quality. The IT Supervisor should also ensure that current Business as Usual model (BaU) is continuously improved and lead various small improvement projects. This includes managing on a daily basis the operations staff, ensuring that resource capacity (both people and products), skills and availability are met.
- BS or BA degree in computer science, Information Systems, or related technical field
- CoBit (or ITIL V3 Foundation in IT Service Management )
- Working knowledge of IT Infrastructure within the following areas: MS Windows, VMWare, Cisco Networking, Telecoms solutions (Vsat, VHF radio)
- Experience in and proven track record in leading, mentoring, and managing a team, both in HR aspects as well as technical direction
- Familiar with ITIL (Version 3), especially incident, problem, risk, change and release mgmt
- 8+ years operational experience in the wider IT area.
- Self-propelling, able to coach and strong in managing relationships
- Strong, proactive and energetic, however structured and effective, personality
- Excellent English and Kurdish speaking and business writing skills
- Structured and effective person, high energy level with a "helicopter view";
- Able to work as part of, and lead a multicultural and geographic dispersed support team
- Able to lead others and take responsibility for the assigned work
- Ability to be on call and work outside of regular office hours as needed
- Availability for regular travel to remote offices