Mselect is looking for Environment Specialist in Erbil for an international oil & gas operator. Minimum 4 years of experience in similar field with fluency in English, Arabic and Kurdish.
The role, based in Erbil, and reporting directly to the HSE Manager, Erbil will be a permanent, full-time job developing and implementing the environmental programme within the annual and long-term HSE plans.
Key Objectives for the role:
- Develop the environmental programme and long term plan.
- Manage the requirements to be placed on operational contractors (e.g. seismic and drilling) including clear plans for self-verification, monitoring and auditing.
- Lead the contracting of specialist environmental contractors as needed for:
- Environmental Impact Assessments (EIAs)
- Remediation Programmes
- Waste Management
- Assess the feasibility of obtaining ISO14001 certification.
- Interact effectively with other departments, such as Seismic, Drilling, Security and CSR (Community and Social Relations).
- Construct budget and schedules for 2018 and 2019.
- Represent the environmental programme, risks and performance to the HSE Manager, et al. leadership in Erbil, and the MNR.
In addition to the above the successful candidate will need to be willing and able to:
- Integrate with the Health and Safety disciplines in programme development and execution.
- Recommend and arrange relevant IT systems to support the environmental programme.
- Deputise for the HSE Manager if requested.
Key Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- BSc or equivalent in a relevant subject (e.g. environmental sciences or engineering)
- Additional qualifications in environment or HSE (E.g. NEBOSH)
- Membership of professional HSE bodies
- Environmental or HSE experience in the oil and gas industry
- HSE auditing expertise
- Front-line field experience in the environmental arena
- HSE Management System implementation experience
- Knowledge of IT systems to support an environmental or HSE programme
- Local knowledge and experience in the Kurdistan Autonomous Region will be an advantage.