MSELECT is looking to hire an Senior Psychologist on behalf of an organization based in Erbil. The Senior Psychologist will provide mental health services intended to protect, empower, and support the recovery of vulnerable Iraqis through comprehensive mental health and psychosocial support services to survivors of torture, trafficking, and gender-based violence, as well as members of religious and ethnic minorities in the KRI. Senior Psychologist will work with team members and clients of different religious, ethnic, cultural, educational, and socio-economic backgrounds.
- Collaborate closely with the Case Management Team to contribute to the development of Care Plans, with specific focus on mental health needs.
- Provide confidential ongoing mental health services to clients and their families, as needed, to include the collaborative development of a Treatment Plan using SMART goals.
- Document all interactions with clients or other contacts in relation to a client’s case in accordance with the organization’s case management system.
- Develop and facilitate group therapy, as relevant to the population being served.
- Participate in supervision sessions with the Clinical Advisor.
- Support and advise other psychologists.
- Attend relevant training sessions, as assigned, to ensure that the highest quality of services can be delivered.
- Participate in the development and implementation of outreach and community engagement plans and, PSS activities.
- Participate in the development and implementation of PSS activities including psychoeducation, structured recreational activities, emotional support groups and life skills training.
- Maintains strong working relationships with program partners and government actors.
- Provide organizational representation at coordination and donor meetings.
- Masters in psychology or clinical psychology.
- At least five years of clinical experience; experience with displaced people, survivors of violence, survivors of gender-based violence, a plus.
- At least three years of experience implementing MHPSS and GBV programming; experience international settings a plus.
- Strong belief in human rights and gender equality.
- Good interpersonal skills including ability to gain trust and build relationships.
- Good diplomatic and persuasion skills.
- High standard of spoken and written English, with native speaker proficiency in Arabic.
- Good computer skills.
- Ability to work in a stressful setting and adapt quickly to changing environments.
Please note only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process