MSELECT is looking to hire a Program Director on behalf of an organization based in Erbil. The successful candidate will be an experienced program manager with prior experience in MHPSS and GBV programming, including with displaced persons. We are looking for a compassionate, confident, dynamic and independent person who is able to lead development, planning, implementation and monitoring and evaluation.
Program Management and Leadership:
- Lead responsibility for programmatic, technical and administrative management of the program including quality assurance, monitoring and documentation of results.
- Provide strategic direction and technical advice on program development and implementation with a focus on the protection and empowerment of vulnerable groups.
- Oversee program planning and implementation to ensure program goals, objectives and targets are met.
- Supervise and manage all program staff.
- Develop work plans, oversee implementation and track progress.
MHPSS and Protection Services:
- Lead in the implementation of the program’s strategy to meet the needs of survivors and strengthen support mechanisms.
- Develop practices and policies and ensure that these are adhered to.
- Provide training to program staff.
- Ensure the ethical management of case data and systems, ensuring that data collection informs improved service delivery.
- Develop and lead implementation of plans for outreach with the target community.
Coordination and Organizational Representation:
- Represent the organization with donor, Kurdistan Regional Government, UN, and other NGOs.
- Develop strategic partnerships and maintain effective working relationships with key stakeholders including donors, government actors, UN agencies, international and local NGOs, camp managers, community leaders, and other relevant actors.
- Work closely with program partners.
Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E):
- Working closely with the M&E Manager, devise program M&E plan.
- Ensure that M&E systems provide adequate feedback to inform program development and course correction as necessary.
- Ensure that all reporting requirements are met on time, and that reports are of a high quality.
Staff Management and Capacity Building:
- Ensure that program procurement is in line with the organization’s policies and donor regulations.
- Oversee program budget to ensure efficient use of resources.
- Conduct regular budget monitoring to ensure program spending is on track.
- Degree in social work, psychology, international development or other related field desired; Master’s Degree, a plus.
- At least five years of NGO senior program management experience in international settings including project design, implementation, budget management, staff management, and M&E.
- At least three years of experience implementing MHPSS and GBV programming.
- Experience implementing large donor-funded international development and/or humanitarian assistance programs.
- Experience in Iraq and/or Kurdistan Region a plus.
- Strong belief in human rights and gender equality.
- Good interpersonal skills including ability to gain trust and build relationships.
- Good diplomatic and persuasion skills.
- High standard of spoken and written English, with Arabic and/or Kurdish a plus.
- Good computer skills.
- Ability to work in a stressful setting and adapt quickly to changing environments.
Please note only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process