MSELECT is looking for a Country Head of Finance based in Erbil for a global educational fund. The candidate must have knowledge in Finance / Tax rules of Iraq, Fluency written, spoken English and Kurdish is a must, Turkish and Arabic are an advantage,minimum 5 years of experience.
· Management of the finance function:
- Accounts payable/receivable/billings/PO system
- Cost accounting
- Reconciliations e.g. bank loans
- Financial statements
· Devise and implement a local treasury, cash management and asset-liability management strategy.
· Devise and develop a local tax strategy.
· Responsible for developing and implementing the local processes, controls and procedures – adhering to global corporate standards.
· Management of daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly financial reporting – finance and non-finance KPI & business performance reporting versus budget, projections and forecasts; Country and Global (numbers passed to London for consolidation in Global view).
· Compliance with local and global accounting standards e.g. GAAP.
· Detailed budgeting & forecasting: P/L & cash flow budgeting, capital requirements; to include local internal audit – to global corporate standards.
· Managing the external statutory audit process.
· Manage all procurement processes – including negotiation of commercial terms.
· Funding & financing: Source and secure debt financing as required e.g. banks.
· Work alongside senior management to secure non-debt financing as required.
· Support in any M&A efforts.
· Relationship management: Banks, principal creditors & debtors as required.
· Implementing financial controls (desirable in the education filed).
· Delivering management information.
· Developing a finance team.
· Working in an international organization.
· University Degree.
· Internationally recognized accountancy qualification.
· Knowledge in MS Excel.
· Accounting systems.
· Finance / Tax rules for Iraq.
· International reporting standards.
· Fluent written and spoken English and Kurdish.
· Turkish and Arabic are big advantage.
Please note only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process.