Senior Contracts Specialist-Projects is required for international oil & gas operator with minimum 15 years’ of experience in contracts management to be based in UAE.
Job Summary and Scope of Responsibilities
Review of scope of work, developing suitable pricing structure, preparing tender documents with suitable conditions and ensure that company policies and procedures are followed. Formulate suitable tendering strategy depending upon the scope, value, type and time schedule. Select the most appropriate bidders list. Obtain approval for the strategy. Lead role in conducting site visits, pre-tender meetings and coordinate with user, finance and legal in providing clarifications. Co-ordinate technical evaluation, conduct commercial evaluation, and obtain Bid Committee approval for award. Prepare Letter of Intents, Contracts and Change Orders. Reports to the Director - Supply Chain & Contracts
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Reparation of tenders and contracts for design, consultancy, FEED, Projects, and EPC with total involvement from conceptual design till contract close-out.
- Work as a team member in project contracts team and contribute to the planning, implementation and close out.
- Take lead role in arranging and conducting site visits and pre-tender meetings.
- Issue clarifications and amendments to tenders.
- Overall review of the technical bids on opening and follow-up with tenderers for any missing details and for technical/commercial clarifications.
- Actively participates in Strategy formulation and advises Projects Team in selecting the criteria for evaluation of bids.
- Arranges and coordinates technical evaluation of bids by Projects team departments. Finalize Technical evaluation submissions and obtain approval for the commercial bid opening.
- Preparation of price comparison, sensitivity analysis for complex price structures to obtain the best commercial option.
- Advise the management in taking the right decision for selecting the optimum bid.
- Preparation of Bid Committee submission to obtain the approval for the Commercial evaluation and to award the contract.
- Preparation of Service Orders or other operational emergency contracts in limited time to avoid project delays
- Take lead role in negotiating with contractors for the price as well as other contract terms, as and when required to get the best value for the company within the established procedures of company.
- Analyze and make recommendation to the Bid Committee for the settlement of extra claims, time extension requests etc as per the best industry practice.
- Post contract administration of Change Orders, settlement of disputes, claims, etc.
- Getting feedback from projects team and implementing for future improvements in contracts.
- Advise in implementing contract requirements and interpreting contract terms
- Follows up on contracts, including preparing amendments, cancellation, extensions and claims; obtaining management's approval and records management.
- Ensures that completion certificates and performance evaluations are prepared and duly signed upon completion of contracted work.
- Responsible for implementation of Company Safety, environment and Quality policies and programs in contracting
Minimum Educational, Technical Qualifications/Certifications Required
Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or MBA in Supply Chain management
Minimum Professional Experience Required
Minimum 15 years Oil and Gas industry experience in Contracts Management with at least 5 years-experience in greenfield/ brownfield projects handling high value EPC/ EPIC contracts. Familiar with various contracting strategies and mechanisms used in oil & gas construction projects.
Special Requirements and Conditions
MCIPS or certification in supply chain preferred