MSELECT is looking for Country Director based in Erbil for a global educational fund. The candidate must possess high quality and proven experience of leadership, inspirational educationalist and business minded professional with international experience who is prepared to operate as a strategic leader and knowledge of contemporary educational issues,minimum 8-10 years of experience.
Vision and Strategic Planning:
- Work with the fund to develop the local country vision, strategy and business planning. To include budgeting and commercial leadership.
- To work alongside the country board to roll-out the strategy and business plan.
- To maintain, develop and enhance the performance and reputation of the fund and schools in the country and internationally.
- Develop an education quality assurance framework to create an environment within the Schools that puts pupil achievement at the heart of all that the school does.
- Monitor the quality of the education in the schools.
- Review the curriculum annually and ensure that it is delivered through an effective timetable combining outstanding, visionary and creative teaching.
- Oversee the setting of challenging educational targets for all pupils to ensure they are prepared for the range of examinations the school offers.
- Monitor the quality of learning, teaching, pupil development and achievement across the school group.
Business Development & Management:
- Work with the fund on business planning – develop 1-3 year plan.
- Ensure that weekly cash flows, monthly management accounts and quarterly balance sheets are produced locally and communicated to Head Office.
- Monthly presentation of quantitative and qualitative results analysis and presentation: P/L – Cash flow; actual v budget; business plan update and situation analysis.
- Communicate outlook and changes to the economic and political outlook of the territory.
- Problem solving and issue resolution – work with local staff, regulatory bodies as required; Manage reputational risk.
- Manage any capital investment projects e.g. school builds.
- Ensure that fit for purpose systems, processes and controls are in place; Ensure that operational risk management is in place; Ensure that change management is undertaken.
- Understand all aspects of public relations in a sensitive context and environment.
- Ensure that PR and marketing functions are developed and in place; this includes social media strategy.
- Have the ability to articulate the vision of the School s to existing parents, prospective parents and the wider communities across country.
- Internal reporting: Provide information and advice to the Board on all aspects of the school group and its schools.
- Communicate effectively to all involved in the work and education of the group.
- Stay well informed of current and future trends in education, political and economic outlook of the territory.
- To have the ability to manage the security issues that applies to the operation of the school group.
- To ensure robust systems for the recruitment of all staff.
- To stay well informed of all possible technological and practical developments to ensure the safety of all aspects of the operation of the schools within the group.
- To be aware of political and social developments that apply to the context of the schools and their localities.
- To liaise with all stakeholders and information sources relating to security.
Requirements and Development:
- Be educated to further degree level.
- Possess high quality and proven experience of leadership
- Hold a mature and incisive grasp of management issues including the management of change and delegation.
- A track record of delivering commercial success
- Be analytical, proven track record of working at a strategic and operational level
- Have highly developed interpersonal skills
- Demonstrate cultural awareness and sensitivity
- Be able to manage the special challenges and privileges of leading this school group in challenging emerging markets.
- Demonstrate political balance and subtlety.
- Remain aware and sensitive to the culture of the schools and the context within which the school group operates.
- Have creative flair, courage, determination and enthusiasm.
- Have energy, drive and excellent problem-solving abilities.
- Proven ability in leading and managing all aspects of education/ business
Please note only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process